Dr. Nandeesh Rangaswamy underwent medical graduation and initial Pediatrics training in India. He moved to United Kingdom where he gained experience in different sub-specialties of Pediatrics at reputed teaching hospitals. During his Neonatology Fellowship at Case Western Reserve University, he participated in NIH funded research on “Weakening and Rupture of Human Fetal Membranes”, publishing his work in journals and authoring a book chapter. For eligibility to practice in the US, he completed two-year Pediatrics Residency (waiver of one year by American Board of Pediatrics) at Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, Westchester, NY. He joined UTSW in 2014 after a brief period as a faculty member at LSU Health, Shreveport.
- 2013 - 2014: Neonatologist, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, LSU Health, Shreveport, LA.
- 2011 - 2013: Senior Resident in Pediatrics, Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY.
- 2008 - 2011: Fellow in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic/MetroHealth, Case Western Reserve Univ., OH.
- 2005 - 2008: Registrar in Pediatrics, Neonatology, PICU & sub-specialties, Liverpool & Manchester, UK.
- 2002 - 2005: Resident in Pediatrics, Tayside University Hospitals & Leeds Teaching Hospitals, UK.
- 1998 - 2001: Resident in Pediatrics, India.
- 1998: MBBS (Undergraduate Medical Graduation), Mysore University, India.
- Factors or therapeutic interventions that influence the neurological outcomes of neonates in the NICU
- Neonatal Brain Injury
- Quality improvement
- [Biomechanical characteristics of human fetal membranes. Preterm fetal membranes are stronger than term fetal membranes].
- Rangaswamy N, Abdelrahim A, Moore RM, Uyen L, Mercer BM, Mansour JM, Kumar D, Sawady J, Moore JJ Gynecol Obstet Fertil 2011 Jun 39 6 373-7
- The effects of thrombin and cytokines upon the biomechanics and remodeling of isolated amnion membrane, in vitro.
- Kumar D, Schatz F, Moore RM, Mercer BM, Rangaswamy N, Mansour JM, Lockwood CJ, Moore JJ Placenta 2011 Mar 32 3 206-13
- Alpha-lipoic acid inhibits thrombin-induced fetal membrane weakening in vitro.
- Moore RM, Schatz F, Kumar D, Mercer BM, Abdelrahim A, Rangaswamy N, Bartel C, Mansour JM, Lockwood CJ, Moore JJ Placenta 2010 Oct 31 10 886-92
Weakening and Rupture of Human Fetal Membranes - Biochemistry and Biomechanics. In John C. Morrison (Ed.) Preterm Birth - Mother and Child
N. Rangaswamy, D. Kumar, R.M. Moore, B.M. Mercer, J.M. Mansour, R. Redline and J.J. Moore (2012). InTech
Honors & Awards
- Douglas S. Moodie Award
Best Fellow Lab Research - Cleveland Clinic (2011)
- Fellow of American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP)
- Fellow of Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health (FRCPCH), United Kingdom.