Kathleen Davis, Ph.D., RDN, CSP, L.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Davis has been a dietitian since 2000 and holds a Doctorate of Philosophy in nutrition from Texas Woman’s University. Dr. Davis’ clinical areas of expertise include pediatric nutrition, especially pediatric weight management. She is a Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ board certification in pediatric nutrition). She has worked at Texas Health Resources Harris Methodist Ft. Worth and Cook Children’s Medical Center as a NICU dietitian and has also worked with children with oral-facial defects and Down Syndrome. She has also worked with children with developmental delay, food allergies, and pediatric obesity through her work at Cook Children’s, in private practice and with Early Childhood Intervention (ECI).
Dr. Davis has published three articles on advanced glycation end products and one article on the relationship between cottonseed oil and cholesterol. However, her primary research interests are in her area of clinical expertise and include obesity, especially pediatric obesity and metabolic markers. Dr. Davis also participates in research through her consulting role in UT Southwestern’s Clinical Research Unit.
- Undergraduate School
- Texas Woman's University (1995)
- Graduate School
- Texas Woman's University (1998)
- Graduate School
- Texas Woman's University (1999)
- Metabolic Biomarkers
- Pediatric Obesity
- Contribution of dietary advanced glycation end products (AGE) to circulating AGE: role of dietary fat.
- Davis KE, Prasad C, Vijayagopal P, Juma S, Adams-Huet B, Imrhan V Br. J. Nutr. 2015 Sep 1-10
- Advanced Glycation End Products, Inflammation, and Chronic Metabolic Diseases:Links in a Chain?
- Davis KE, Prasad C, Vijayagopal P, Juma S, Imrhan V Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2014 Sep
- Serum soluble receptor for advanced glycation end products correlates inversely with measures of adiposity in young adults.
- Davis KE, Prasad C, Vijayagopal P, Juma S, Imrhan V Nutr Res 2014 Jun 34 6 478-85
- Consumption of a diet rich in cottonseed oil (CSO) lowers total and LDL cholesterol in normo-cholesterolemic subjects.
- Davis KE, Prasad C, Imrhan V Nutrients 2012 Jul 4 7 602-10
Honors & Awards
- TWU Chancellors Research Scholar
- Phi Kappa Phi Inductee
- National Association of Bionutritionists (2014)
- American Society of Nutrition (2012)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (2001)