Dr. Jakub Furmaga graduated from The University of Texas of Medicine in San Antonio and completed his residency in Emergency Medicine at Metro Health Cleveland Clinic. Currently, Dr. Furmaga is completing a two-year fellowship in Medical Toxicology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in conjunction with the North Texas Poison Center.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio (2010)
- Case Western Reserve University at Metro Health (2013), Emergency Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Toxicology
- Heavy Metals Toxicity
- Radiation Toxicity
- N-Acetylcysteine (NAC)-Induced Hyponatremia Caused by an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Order Error.
- Furmaga J, Wax P, Kleinschmidt K J Med Toxicol 2015 Jan
How do I diagnose and manage patients admitted to the ICU after common poisonings?. In Evidence Based Practice of Critical Care 2nd Edition
Furmaga J, Kleinschmidt K (). Saunders Elsevier
Toxicology Section - Isoniazid. In ClinicalAccess (www.clinicalaccess.com)
Furmaga J (2015).
Honors & Awards
- John F Haynes Medical Toxicology Award
Awarded at Texas Tech University Health Science Center at El Paso (2015)
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology (AACT) (2013)
- American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) (2013)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) (2010)