- Graduate School
- Washing University School of Medicine in St. Louis (2012)
- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2012)
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Dermatology
- Cancer metastasis
- Melanoma metastasis
- Targeted therapies for treatment of cancer
- Digoxin Plus Trametinib Therapy Achieves Disease Control in BRAF Wild-Type Metastatic Melanoma Patients.
- Frankel AE, Eskiocak U, Gill JG, Yuan S, Ramesh V, Froehlich TW, Ahn C, Morrison SJ Neoplasia 2017 Mar 19 4 255-260
- Cancer, Oxidative Stress, and Metastasis.
- Gill JG, Piskounova E, Morrison SJ Cold Spring Harb. Symp. Quant. Biol. 2017 Jan
- Synergistic effects of ion transporter and MAP kinase pathway inhibitors in melanoma.
- Eskiocak U, Ramesh V, Gill JG, Zhao Z, Yuan SW, Wang M, Vandergriff T, Shackleton M, Quintana E, Johnson TM, DeBerardinis RJ, Morrison SJ Nat Commun 2016 7 12336
- Cutaneous manifestations of chemotherapeutic drugs
- Gill JG and Dominguez A Current Dermatology Reports 2016 5 1
- Dual actions of Meis1 inhibit erythroid progenitor development and sustain general hematopoietic cell proliferation.
- Cai M, Langer EM, Gill JG, Satpathy AT, Albring JC, KC W, Murphy TL, Murphy KM Blood 2012 Jul 120 2 335-46
- Snail promotes the cell-autonomous generation of Flk1(+) endothelial cells through the repression of the microRNA-200 family.
- Gill JG, Langer EM, Lindsley RC, Cai M, Murphy TL, Murphy KM Stem Cells Dev. 2012 Jan 21 2 167-76
- Snail and the microRNA-200 family act in opposition to regulate epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and germ layer fate restriction in differentiating ESCs.
- Gill JG, Langer EM, Lindsley RC, Cai M, Murphy TL, Kyba M, Murphy KM Stem Cells 2011 May 29 5 764-76
- Mesp1 coordinately regulates cardiovascular fate restriction and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in differentiating ESCs.
- Lindsley RC, Gill JG, Murphy TL, Langer EM, Cai M, Mashayekhi M, Wang W, Niwa N, Nerbonne JM, Kyba M, Murphy KM Cell Stem Cell 2008 Jul 3 1 55-68
- Canonical Wnt signaling is required for development of embryonic stem cell-derived mesoderm.
- Lindsley RC, Gill JG, Kyba M, Murphy TL, Murphy KM Development 2006 Oct 133 19 3787-96
Rituximab and Future Biologic Therapies. In Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy, 3rd Edition
Leonardi, CL, Heffernan, MP, and Gill, JG (2012). Saunders Publishing Company
Honors & Awards
- Dermatology Foundation Physician-Scientist Career Development Award
- Dermatologist Investigator Research Fellowship
- UTSW Dermatology Resident Award for Leadership
- Dermatology Resident Award for Humanism and Professionalism
- Physician Scientist Training Program Grant Recipient
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Intern of the Year Award
- American Physician Scientist Association Travel Award Recipient
- Barry M. Goldwater National Scholarship
- University of Georgia Foundation Fellowship Scholarship
- American Academy of Dermatology (2013)
- Society for Investigative Dermatology (2013)