- University of Arkansas-Fayette (2008), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Akron (2010), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Akron (2013), Psychology
- Design and evaluation of residency program curricula
- Error management in health professions education
- Simulation-based training to enhance teamwork and communication
- Team learning and decision-making
- What do residents need to be competent laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeons?
- Gardner AK, Willis RE, Dunkin BJ, Van Sickle KR, Brown KM, Truitt MS, Uecker JM, Gentry L, Scott DJ Surg Endosc 2015 Oct
- Different Goals, Different Pathways: The Role of Metacognition and Task Engagement in Surgical Skill Acquisition.
- Gardner AK, Jabbour IJ, Williams BH, Huerta S J Surg Educ 2015 Sep
- Embracing Errors in Simulation-Based Training: The Effect of Error Training on Retention and Transfer of Central Venous Catheter Skills.
- Gardner AK, Abdelfattah K, Wiersch J, Ahmed RA, Willis RE J Surg Educ 2015 Sep
- Concepts for Developing Expert Surgical Teams Using Simulation.
- Gardner AK, Scott DJ Surg. Clin. North Am. 2015 Aug 95 4 717-28
- Best practices across surgical specialties relating to simulation-based training.
- Gardner AK, Scott DJ, Pedowitz RA, Sweet RM, Feins RH, Deutsch ES, Sachdeva AK Surgery 2015 Jul
- Gearing up for milestones in surgery: Will simulation play a role?
- Gardner AK, Scott DJ, Hebert JC, Mellinger JD, Frey-Vogel A, Ten Eyck RP, Davis BR, Sillin LF, Sachdeva AK Surgery 2015 May
- Expanding simulation-based education through institution-wide initiatives: A blueprint for success.
- Gardner AK, Lachapelle K, Pozner CN, Sullivan ME, Sutherland D, Scott DJ, Sillin L, Sachdeva AK Surgery 2015 May
- Developing a Comprehensive Resident Education Evaluation System in the Era of Milestone Assessment.
- Gardner AK, Scott DJ, Choti MA, Mansour JC J Surg Educ 2015 Jan
- The association for surgical education CESERT grant program: the first 15 years.
- Gardner AK, Sudan R, Sidhu R, Mann BD, Scott DJ Am. J. Surg. 2015 Jan 209 1 115-9
- Personal protective equipment and simulation: use of chemiluminescent glow sticks as a game changer?
- Guttman O, Gardner A Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2015 41 5 234-1
- International Anesthesia Research Society (2014)
- American College of Surgeons (2013)
- Association for Surgical Education (2013)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (2013)
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (2011)
- Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology (2008)