Dr. Morrill is from Fort Collins, Colorado, and completed his neurosurgical residency at the UT Southwestern Medical Center. He completed a fellowship in Adult Spinal Deformity at Northwestern University in Chicago. Dr. Morrill was recruited to the faculty at UT Southwestern for his expertise in the surgical management of complex disorders of the spine.
Dr. Morrills is a committee member of the following organizations: Committee on Blood and Tissue Usage, Texas Medical Association (2004 - present) Blood Utilization and Review Committee, University Hospitals (2005-present) Co-Director, Clinical Center for Spine Care, University Hospitals/ UTSW (2005-present) University Hopsital Ethics Committee (2006-present).
Dr. Morrill has done numerous oral presentaiotns during his time at the University for the following professional organizations: UTSW Neurosurgery Ground Rounds (2005 and 1998) Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons (1999 and 2005) Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting (2002, 2004) PM&R Scientific Conference, Dallas May 2006 American Association of Neuroscience Nurses and American Association of Operating Room Nurses.
His undergraduate degrees are from San Jacinto College, Houston Texas (A.A. Political Science, with honors) and University of Houston - Clear Lake, (B.S. Biological Sciences, Cum Laude).
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1996)
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (1997), General Surgery
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (2002), Neurological Surgery
- Northwestern University Memorial Hospital (2002), Reconstructive Surgery
- Adult Spinal Deformity
- Abnormal Coagulation Studies Associated with Levofloxacin
- Psarros T, Trammell T, Morrill K, Giller C, Morgan H, Allen B. Journal of Neurosurgery April 2004 100(4) 710-712
- Remote Vascular Catastrophes after Neurovascular Interventional Therapy for Type 4 Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Horowitz MB, Purdy PD, Valentine RJ, Morrill, K. American Journal of Neuroradiology May 2000 21 974-976
Honors & Awards
- AOA Medical Student Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- NASA Student Summer Fellowship
- Welch Chemistry & Physics Undergrad Award
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congree of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Rocky Mountain Neurosurgical Society
- Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons