Dr. Suntrea Hammer received her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She completed additional training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, as well as focused fellowship training in general surgical pathology and gastrointestinal and liver pathology at the University of Michigan. Her practice focuses on neoplastic and inflammatory pathology with an emphasis on the liver and the gastrointestinal tract.
Her research interests include neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, neoplasms of the liver and gastrointestinal and pancreatobiliary tracts, and medical education.
- Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School (2007)
- University of Michigan Health System (2011), Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- University of Michigan Health System (2012), Surgical Pathology
- University of Michigan Health System (2013), Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases
- Texas Society of Pathologists (2014)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2011)
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (2007)
- Collage of American Pathologists (2007)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (2007)