Dr. Jeon-Slaughter received her Ph.D. in applied economics from Cornell University, Ithaca, New York in 1999. Upon receiving her PhD, she taught economics and statistics at Buffalo State College, Buffalo, New York, and subsequently held a research director position at Stanford Libraries, Stanford, California. Before joining Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW), Dr. Jeon-Slaughter held a faculty biostatistician position in Psychiatry at UTSW and at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Jeon-Slaughter’s research focuses on an inter-disciplinary approach to medical research applying both statistics and econometrics. Areas of her research interests encompass cost effectiveness of endovascular intervention, gender based cardiovascular outcomes, and cigarette smoking effect on treatment outcomes. Dr. Jeon-Slaughter has taught and mentored medical students, residents, and fellows in research design and statistics and is training current medical trainees in research methods.
- Seoul National University (1990), Human Development
- Graduate School
- Seoul National University (1992), Economics
- Graduate School
- SUNY at Buffalo (1995), Economics
- Graduate School
- Cornell University (1999), Economics
- Applied Statistics
- Cigarette Smoking Research
- Cost Effectiveness of Endovascular Intervention
- Gender-based Outcomes
- Health Services and Outcomes in Cardiovascular Treatment
- Comparison of Lower Extremity Endovascular Intervention Outcomes in Women Versus Men.
- Jeon-Slaughter H, Tsai S, Kamath P, Shammas NW, Brilakis ES, Banerjee S Am. J. Cardiol. 2016 Nov
- Comparative Assessment of Procedure Cost and Outcomes Between Guidewire and Crossing Device Strategies to Cross Peripheral Artery Chronic Total Occlusions.
- Banerjee S, Jeon-Slaughter H, Tsai S, Mohammad A, Foteh M, Abu-Fadel M, Gigliotti OS, Cawich I, Rodriguez G, Kumbhani D, Addo T, Luna M, Das TS, Prasad A, Armstrong EJ, Shammas NW, Brilakis ES JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2016 Nov 9 21 2243-2252
- Temporal Association Between Nonfatal Self-Directed Violence and Tree and Grass Pollen Counts.
- Jeon-Slaughter H, Claassen CA, Khan DA, Mihalakos P, Lee KB, Brown ES J Clin Psychiatry 2016 Jun
- Discriminability of personality profiles in isolated and Co-morbid marijuana and nicotine users.
- Ketcherside A, Jeon-Slaughter H, Baine JL, Filbey FM Psychiatry Res 2016 Apr 238 356-62
- Femoropopliteal Artery Stent Thrombosis: Report From the Excellence in Peripheral Artery Disease Registry.
- Banerjee S, Sarode K, Mohammad A, Gigliotti O, Baig MS, Tsai S, Shammas NW, Prasad A, Abu-Fadel M, Klein A, Armstrong EJ, Jeon-Slaughter H, Brilakis ES, Bhatt DL Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2016 Feb 9 2 e002730
- Basal Hippocampal Activity and Its Functional Connectivity Predicts Cocaine Relapse.
- Adinoff B, Gu H, Merrick C, McHugh M, Jeon-Slaughter H, Lu H, Yang Y, Stein EA Biol. Psychiatry 2015 Jan
- Hippocampal Volume in Healthy Controls Given 3-Day Stress Doses of Hydrocortisone.
- Brown ES, Jeon-Slaughter H, Lu H, Jamadar R, Issac S, Shad M, Denniston D, Tamminga C, Nakamura A, Thomas BP Neuropsychopharmacology 2014 Nov
- Hippocampal Volume Is Reduced in Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder But Not in Psychotic Bipolar I Disorder Demonstrated by Both Manual Tracing and Automated Parcellation (FreeSurfer).
- Arnold SJ, Ivleva EI, Gopal TA, Reddy AP, Jeon-Slaughter H, Sacco CB, Francis AN, Tandon N, Bidesi AS, Witte B, Poudyal G, Pearlson GD, Sweeney JA, Clementz BA, Keshavan MS, Tamminga CA Schizophr Bull 2014 Feb
- Economic factors in of patients' nonadherence to antidepressant treatment.
- Jeon-Slaughter H Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2012 Dec 47 12 1985-98
- Heart rate reactivity and current post-traumatic stress disorder when data are missing.
- Jeon-Slaughter H, Tucker P, Pfefferbaum B, North CS, de Andrade BB, Neas B Psychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2011 Aug 65 5 451-8
- Health Policy Statistics Section-ASA (2005)
- American Statistical Association (2004)
- American Economic Association (1995)