Dr. Zhang is originally from China and received her Ph.D from Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Science. Dr. Zhang brings to UTSW a strong background in Molecular Biology, Cell
Biology and Biochemistry. She currently studies the molecular mechanism of necrosis, especially oxidative stress induced necrosis. Necrosis has long been considered as an accidental and unregulated process; however, it has been challenged as emerging evidence suggests that a proportion of necrosis is executed by serial signaling events in a controlled and orchestrated manner. Understanding the key regulatory steps in this pathway will allow us to develop new therapeutic tools for human diseases. Dr. Zhang also studies the
interconnection between different types of cell death including apoptosis, autophagy and necrosis.
- Graduate School
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (2009), Molecular & Cell Biology
- DNA damage and HDAC inhibitor apoptosis
- Necrotic cell death and human disease
- ATG14 promotes membrane tethering and fusion of autophagosomes to endolysosomes.
- Diao J, Liu R, Rong Y, Zhao M, Zhang J, Lai Y, Zhou Q, Wilz LM, Li J, Vivona S, Pfuetzner RA, Brunger AT, Zhong Q Nature 2015 Feb
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors and cell death.
- Zhang J, Zhong Q Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 2014 Jun
- Mule determines the apoptotic response to HDAC inhibitors by targeted ubiquitination and destruction of HDAC2.
- Zhang J, Kan S, Huang B, Hao Z, Mak TW, Zhong Q Genes Dev. 2011 Dec 25 24 2610-8
- Hypoxia-HIF-1alpha-C/EBPalpha/Runx1 signaling in leukemic cell differentiation.
- Zhang J, Chen GQ Pathophysiology 2009 Oct 16 4 297-303
- Accumulation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha protein and its role in the differentiation of myeloid leukemic cells induced by all-trans retinoic acid.
- Zhang J, Song LP, Huang Y, Zhao Q, Zhao KW, Chen GQ Haematologica 2008 Oct 93 10 1480-7
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha-induced differentiation of myeloid leukemic cells is its transcriptional activity independent.
- Song LP, Zhang J, Wu SF, Huang Y, Zhao Q, Cao JP, Wu YL, Wang LS, Chen GQ Oncogene 2008 Jan 27 4 519-27