Dr. Mineo received both her B.S and Ph.D. in Pharmacology from University of Tokyo. She received post-doctoral training in Cell Biology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
She joined the faculty of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2002, and is currently a Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics. She is also a member of the Integrative Biology Graduate Program in the Division of Basic Science.
- University of Tokyo (1982), Pharmacology
- Graduate School
- University of Tokyo (1992), Pharmacology
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction
- Vascular Biology and Atherosclerosis
- Endothelial Fc? Receptor IIB Activation Blunts Insulin Delivery to Skeletal Muscle to Cause Insulin Resistance in Mice.
- Tanigaki K, Chambliss KL, Yuhanna IS, Sacharidou A, Ahmed M, Atochin DN, Huang PL, Shaul PW, Mineo C Diabetes 2016 Apr
- Rasip1 is essential to blood vessel stability and angiogenic blood vessel growth.
- Koo Y, Barry DM, Xu K, Tanigaki K, Davis GE, Mineo C, Cleaver O Angiogenesis 2016 Feb
- Loss of Reelin protects against atherosclerosis by reducing leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion and lesion macrophage accumulation.
- Ding Y, Huang L, Xian X, Yuhanna IS, Wasser CR, Frotscher M, Mineo C, Shaul PW, Herz J Sci Signal 2016 9 419 ra29
- ApoE Receptor 2 mediates trophoblast dysfunction and pregnancy complications induced by antiphospholipid antibodies in mice.
- Ulrich V, Gelber SE, Vukelic M, Sacharidou A, Herz J, Urbanus RT, de Groot PG, Natale DR, Harihara A, Redecha P, Abrahams VM, Shaul PW, Salmon JE, Mineo C Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.) 2015 Oct
- IgG Receptor Fc?RIIB Plays a Key Role in Obesity-Induced Hypertension.
- Sundgren NC, Vongpatanasin W, Boggan BM, Tanigaki K, Yuhanna IS, Chambliss KL, Mineo C, Shaul PW Hypertension 2015 Feb 65 2 456-62
- Fc? Receptors and Ligands and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Tanigaki K, Sundgren N, Khera A, Vongpatanasin W, Mineo C, Shaul PW Circ. Res. 2015 Jan 116 2 368-384
- PDZK1 Prevents Neointima Formation via Suppression of Breakpoint Cluster Region Kinase in Vascular Smooth Muscle.
- Lee WR, Sacharidou A, Behling-Kelly E, Oltmann SC, Zhu W, Ahmed M, Gerard RD, Hui DY, Abe J, Shaul PW, Mineo C PLoS ONE 2015 10 4 e0124494
- Antiphospholipid antibodies attenuate endothelial repair and promote neointima formation in mice.
- Ulrich V, Konaniah ES, Lee WR, Khadka S, Shen YM, Herz J, Salmon JE, Hui DY, Shaul PW, Mineo C J Am Heart Assoc 2014 Oct 3 5 e001369
- Genetic variants of ApoE and ApoER2 differentially modulate endothelial function.
- Ulrich V, Konaniah ES, Herz J, Gerard RD, Jung E, Yuhanna IS, Ahmed M, Hui DY, Mineo C, Shaul PW Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Sep 111 37 13493-8
- The Cholesterol Metabolite 27-Hydroxycholesterol Promotes Atherosclerosis via Proinflammatory Processes Mediated by Estrogen Receptor Alpha.
- Umetani M, Ghosh P, Ishikawa T, Umetani J, Ahmed M, Mineo C, Shaul PW Cell Metab. 2014 Jun
Regulation of eNOS in Caveolae. In Jasmin J, Frank P, Lisanti MP, eds. Caveolins and Caveolae: Roles in Signaling and Disease Mechanisms.
Mineo C, Shaul PW. (2012). New York: Springer; 51-62.
- American Diabetes Association (2006)
- American Heart Association (2004)