1992-1993 Postdoctoral Fellow (Neuroscience): Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo, Japan. (Mentor: Shin-Ichi T Inouye, Ph.D.)
1993-1994 Postdoctoral Fellow (Neuroscience): Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan. (Mentor: Yoichiro Kuroda, Ph.D.)
1994-1996 Research Associate (Chronobiology): Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA. (Mentors: Michael Menaker, Ph.D. and Gene D Block, Ph.D.)
1996-2002 Research Scientist: Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville,VA.
2000-2002 Center Investigator: NSF Center for Biological Timing
2002-2006 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
2006-2013 Member of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development
2006-2013 Research Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- Circadian Physiology
- Feeding and Light Entrainment of the Circadian System
- Live Cell/Tissue Real-Time Imaging
- Mouse Models for Human Disorders Caused by Disruption/Disorganization/Misalignment of the Circadian System
- Neural Circuit Controlling Feeding and Locomotor Activity Rhythms
- Pacemaker Coupling
- Period-independent novel circadian oscillators revealed by timed exercise and palatable meals.
- Flôres DE, Bettilyon CN, Yamazaki S Sci Rep 2016 6 21945
- The Running Wheel Enhances Food Anticipatory Activity: An Exploratory Study.
- Flôres DE, Bettilyon CN, Jia L, Yamazaki S Front Behav Neurosci 2016 10 143
- Period determination in the food-entrainable and methamphetamine-sensitive circadian oscillator(s).
- Pendergast JS, Oda GA, Niswender KD, Yamazaki S Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2012 Aug 109 35 14218-23
- Circadian-independent cell mitosis in immortalized fibroblasts.
- Yeom M, Pendergast JS, Ohmiya Y, Yamazaki S Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2010 May 107 21 9665-70
- Entrainment of the circadian clock in the liver by feeding.
- Stokkan KA, Yamazaki S, Tei H, Sakaki Y, Menaker M Science 2001 Jan 291 5503 490-3
- Resetting central and peripheral circadian oscillators in transgenic rats.
- Yamazaki S, Numano R, Abe M, Hida A, Takahashi R, Ueda M, Block GD, Sakaki Y, Menaker M, Tei H Science 2000 Apr 288 5466 682-5
- Rhythmic properties of the hamster suprachiasmatic nucleus in vivo.
- Yamazaki S, Kerbeshian MC, Hocker CG, Block GD, Menaker M J. Neurosci. 1998 Dec 18 24 10709-23
- Effects of light, food, and methamphetamine on the circadian activity rhythm in mice.
- Pendergast JS, Yamazaki S Physiol. Behav. 2014 Feb
- Wheel-running activity modulates circadian organization and the daily rhythm of eating behavior.
- Pendergast JS, Branecky KL, Huang R, Niswender KD, Yamazaki S Front Psychol 2014 5 177
- The complex relationship between the light-entrainable and methamphetamine-sensitive circadian oscillators: evidence from behavioral studies of Period-mutant mice.
- Pendergast JS, Niswender KD, Yamazaki S Eur. J. Neurosci. 2013 Jul