Dr. Mufti received his initial medical training at Kings College Hospital in London. After completing a Research Fellowship at the University of Michigan, he moved to the University of Chicago for his internal medicine residency. He subsequently completed both his Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology fellowships at the University of Chicago. He is excited to join the transplant hepatology program at UTSW.
|Medical School||United Medical Dental Schools of Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals (1998)|
|Residency||King's College Hospital (2002), Internal Medicine|
|Research Fellowship||University of Michigan Hospitals (2007), Gastroenterology|
|Residency||University of Chicago (2009), Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||University of Chicago Medical Center (2012), Gastroenterology|
|Fellowship||University of Chicago (2013), Transplant Hepatology|
Liver Transplant Evaluations
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Autoimmune Liver Disease
- Biliary Duct Atresia
- Drug Induced Liver Injury
- Early Stage Liver Cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma or HCC)
- End Stage Liver Disease (ESLD)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC)
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
- Wilson's Disease
Liver Transplant Medicine
- Liver Transplantation
- Antibody Medicated Rejection
- Abnormal Liver Function
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
- Drug Induced Liver Disease
- Elevated Transaminase
- Fatty Liver
- Hereditary Hemmorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT)
- Liver Cancer, Cysts, Masses & Tumors
- Liver Disease in the Pregnant Patient
- Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis C
- Liver Transplant
- Liver disease in pregnancy.
- Mufti AR, Reau N Clin Liver Dis 2012 May 16 2 247-69
- XIAP: cell death regulation meets copper homeostasis.
- Mufti AR, Burstein E, Duckett CS Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2007 Jul 463 2 168-74
- XIAP Is a copper binding protein deregulated in Wilson's disease and other copper toxicosis disorders.
- Mufti AR, Burstein E, Csomos RA, Graf PC, Wilkinson JC, Dick RD, Challa M, Son JK, Bratton SB, Su GL, Brewer GJ, Jakob U, Duckett CS Mol. Cell 2006 Mar 21 6 775-85
Does a sustained virologic response at week 72 indicate a cure in chronic hepatitis C virus?. In Controversies in Hepatology: The Experts Analyze Both Sides
Aronsohn A, Mufti AR, Reau N (2011).
Immunology and Haematology, 2nd Ed.
James Griffin, Saimah Arif, Arjmand Mufti (2003). London, UK, Elsevier Science Ltd.
Honors & Awards
- Best Outgoing Resident
University of Chicago Medical Center (2009)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- American Society of Transplantation (2012)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2011)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2009)