- Experience-induced synaptic and intrinsic plasticity; focus on exposure to drugs of abuse
- Interaction between intrinsic and synaptic excitability in the shaping of global neuronal activity
- Regulation of neuronal excitability by the endoplasmic chaperone protein sigma-1 receptor (Sig-1R)
- Dynamic interaction between sigma-1 receptor and Kv1.2 shapes neuronal and behavioral responses to cocaine.
- Kourrich S, Hayashi T, Chuang JY, Tsai SY, Su TP, Bonci A Cell 2013 Jan 152 1-2 236-47
- AMPAR-independent effect of striatal aCaMKII promotes the sensitization of cocaine reward.
- Kourrich S, Klug JR, Mayford M, Thomas MJ J. Neurosci. 2012 May 32 19 6578-86
- Similar neurons, opposite adaptations: psychostimulant experience differentially alters firing properties in accumbens core versus shell.
- Kourrich S, Thomas MJ J. Neurosci. 2009 Sep 29 39 12275-83
- Cocaine experience controls bidirectional synaptic plasticity in the nucleus accumbens.
- Kourrich S, Rothwell PE, Klug JR, Thomas MJ J. Neurosci. 2007 Jul 27 30 7921-8
- Behavioral and structural responses to chronic cocaine require a feedforward loop involving ?FosB and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II in the nucleus accumbens shell.
- Robison AJ, Vialou V, Mazei-Robison M, Feng J, Kourrich S, Collins M, Wee S, Koob G, Turecki G, Neve R, Thomas M, Nestler EJ J. Neurosci. 2013 Mar 33 10 4295-307
- Methamphetamine Downregulates Striatal Glutamate Receptors via Diverse Epigenetic Mechanisms.
- Jayanthi S, McCoy MT, Chen B, Britt JP, Kourrich S, Yau HJ, Ladenheim B, Krasnova IN, Bonci A, Cadet JL. Biol Psychiatry 2013 S0006-3223(13)00915-3
- C57BL/6N mutation in cytoplasmic FMRP interacting protein 2 regulates cocaine response.
- Kumar V, Kim K, Joseph C, Kourrich S, Yoo SH, Huang HC, Vitaterna MH, de Villena FP, Churchill G, Bonci A, Takahashi JS. Science 2013 342(6165)
- The sigma-1 receptor: roles in neuronal plasticity and disease.
- Kourrich S, Su TP, Fujimoto M, Bonci A Trends Neurosci. 2012 Dec 35 12 762-71
- Environmental novelty causes stress-like adaptations at nucleus accumbens synapses: implications for studying addiction-related plasticity.
- Rothwell PE, Kourrich S, Thomas MJ Neuropharmacology 2011 Dec 61 7 1152-9
- An embryonic culture system for the investigation of striatal medium spiny neuron dendritic spine development and plasticity.
- Penrod RD, Kourrich S, Kearney E, Thomas MJ, Lanier LM J. Neurosci. Methods 2011 Aug 200 1 1-13
Chapter 5. Synaptic and Neural Plasticity. In Neurobiology of Mental Illness, 4th Edition.
Saïd Kourrich and Antonello Bonci (2013). Oxford University Press
- Society for Neuroscience (2003)