Patient care: University Hospital St Paul - inpatient nephrology consultant. Parkland Memorial Hospital - inpatient and outpatient transplant nephrology. Special interests: acute renal failure, ICU nephrology, renal transplantation, renal disease in liver, lung, and heart transplants and patients with heart/ lung assist devices.
Teaching: renal fellows, medical residents and students, and PhD candidates in Immunology.
Research: see link to Christopher Lu Lab on upper-right of this page under "Contacts."
|Medical School||Harvard Medical School (1974)|
|Internship||Bronx Municipal Hospital Center (1975), Internal Medicine|
|Residency||Bronx Municipal Hospital Center (1977), Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Harvard Medical School (1980), Pathology|
|Fellowship||Harvard Medical School (1981), Nephrology|
- Acute Kidney Injury
- General Nephrology
- acute kidney injury (acute renal failure)
- transplant rejection
- The inflammatory response to ischemic acute kidney injury: a result of the ?right stuff? in the ?wrong place.?
- Lu, C.Y., J Hartono, M. Senitko, J. Chen. Current Opinion in Nephrology & Hypertension 2007 16 (2) 72-89
- Perspectives in basic science: Hypothesis: is renal allograft rejection initiated by the response to injury sustained during the transplant process?
- Lu, C.Y., Penfield, J.G., Kielar, M.L., Vazquez, M.A., Jeyarajah, D.R Kidney International 1999 55 2157-2168
- Acute kidney injury: the beginning of the end of the dark ages.
- Winterberg PD, Lu CY Am. J. Med. Sci. 2012 Oct 344 4 318-25
- Acute kidney injury: a conspiracy of Toll-like receptor 4 on endothelia, leukocytes, and tubules.
- Lu CY, Winterberg PD, Chen J, Hartono JR Pediatr. Nephrol. 2012 Oct 27 10 1847-54
Ch 88: The inflammatory response to ischemic acute renal injury. In Seldin and Giebisch's The Kidney: Physiology and Pathophysiology
Lu, Christopher Y. (2013). London, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Invited lecturer
Symposium on Endothelium in Acute Kidney Injury, Annual Meeting of the American Society of Nephrology (2011)
- invited lecturer
US Food and Drug Agency (FDA) symposium on therapy of acute kidney injury (2011)
American Society of Nephrology (2010)
- Permanent Member
NIH Pathobiol Kidney Dis Initial Rev Grp 2006-2010 (2010)
Texas Transplantation Society (2008)
Kidney/ Pancreas Committee, Am Soc Transplant Phys (1996)
- NIH Research Career Devel Award
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Fellow, American Society of Nephrology
- American Association of Immunologists
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Transplantation