Caitlin Murphy, PhD, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences.
As an epidemiologist with expertise in health services research, Dr. Murphy's research focuses on using epidemiologic methods to improve cancer care delivery. She has experience conducting population-based research across the cancer care continuum, including cancer screening, patterns of cancer care delivery and outcomes, and cancer survivorship.
Prior to joining the faculty at UT Southwestern, Dr. Murphy was a Fellow in the Digestive Disease Epidemiology Training Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She received her MPH in Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences from the University of Texas School of Public Health and PhD in Epidemiology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- New York University (2010), Sociology
- Graduate School
- Univ of Texas Health Science C (2011), Behavioral Science
- Graduate School
- University of N C-Chapel Hill (2016), Epidemiology
- Cancer health disparities
- Cancer screening
- Health services research
- Young-Onset Colorectal Cancer: Earlier Diagnoses or Increasing Disease Burden?
- Murphy CC, Lund JL, Sandler RS Gastroenterology 2017 Jun 152 8 1809-1812.e3
- High Initiation of Adjuvant Hormonal Therapy Among Uninsured Stages I-III Breast Cancer Patients Treated in a Safety-Net Healthcare System.
- Murphy CC, Tiro JA, Jean GW, Balasubramian BA, Alvarez CA J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2017 Mar
- Decrease in incidence of colorectal cancer among individuals 50 years or older following recommendations for population-based screening.
- Murphy CC, Sandler RS, Sanoff HK, Yang YC, Lund JL, Baron JA Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2016 Sep
- Underuse and Overuse of Colonoscopy for Repeat Screening and Surveillance in the Veterans Health Administration.
- Murphy CC, Sandler RS, Grubber JM, Johnson MR, Fisher DA Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2016 Mar 14 3 436-444.e1
- Patterns of Colorectal Cancer Care in the United States: 1990-2010.
- Murphy CC, Harlan LC, Lund JL, Lynch CF, Geiger AM J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2015 Oct 107 10
- Race and Insurance Differences in the Receipt of Adjuvant Chemotherapy Among Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer.
- Murphy CC, Harlan LC, Warren JL, Geiger AM J. Clin. Oncol. 2015 Aug 33 23 2530-6
- Adherence to adjuvant hormonal therapy among breast cancer survivors in clinical practice: a systematic review.
- Murphy CC, Bartholomew LK, Carpentier MY, Bluethmann SM, Vernon SW Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2012 Jul 134 2 459-78
- HCC Surveillance: Striving for a Better Balance of Benefits and Harms.
- Atiq O, Tiro J, Yopp AC, Muffler A, Marrero JA, Parikh ND, Murphy C, McCallister K, Singal AG Hepatology 2017 May
- Colorectal cancer in older ages: what's ahead?
- Murphy CC, Baron JA Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2017 Jan
- Patterns of Sociodemographic and Clinicopathologic Characteristics of Stages II and III Colorectal Cancer Patients by Age: Examining Potential Mechanisms of Young-Onset Disease.
- Murphy CC, Sanoff HK, Stitzenberg KB, Baron JA, Lund JL, Sandler RS J Cancer Epidemiol 2017 2017 4024580
Honors & Awards
- AcademyHealth New Investigator Award
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Founders Day Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement, New York University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Presidential Honors Scholar, New York University