- Medical School
- Universidad Del Valle (2012)
- Research Fellowship
- Boston Children's Hospital (2014), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2017), Pediatrics
- Prospective Study of Gastrointestinal Symptoms in School Children of South-America.
- Saps M, Carlo A Velasco-BenitezBloom PJJ, Benninga MA, Nichols-Vinueza DX J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Aug
- A strategy to improve treatment-related mortality and abandonment of therapy for childhood ALL in a developing country reveals the impact of treatment delays.
- Suarez A, Piña M, Nichols-Vinueza DX, Lopera J, Rengifo L, Mesa M, Cardenas M, Morrissey L, Veintemilla G, Vizcaino M, Del Toro L, Vicuna V, Fernandez J, Neuberg D, Stevenson K, Gutierrez A Pediatr Blood Cancer 2015 Aug 62 8 1395-402
- Psychosis and severe rhabdomyolysis associated with synthetic cannabinoid use: A case report.
- Durand D, Delgado LL, de la Parra-Pellot DM, Nichols-Vinueza D Clin Schizophr Relat Psychoses 2015 Jan 8 4 205-8
- Construct validity of the pediatric Rome III criteria.
- Saps M, Nichols-Vinueza DX, Mintjens S, Pusatcioglu CK, Velasco-Benítez CA J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2014 Nov 59 5 577-81
- Letter to the editor: Pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas in a child with hemihypertrophy and a history of Wilms tumor.
- Nichols-Vinueza DX, Gutierrez A, Veintemilla G, Perez-Atayde AR Pediatr Blood Cancer 2014 Oct 61 10 1901-2
- MRI guided iron assessment and oral chelator use improve iron status in thalassemia major patients.
- Nichols-Vinueza DX, White MT, Powell AJ, Banka P, Neufeld EJ Am. J. Hematol. 2014 Jul 89 7 684-8
- Prevalence of functional gastrointestinal disorders in Colombian school children.
- Saps M, Nichols-Vinueza DX, Rosen JM, Velasco-Benítez CA J. Pediatr. 2014 Mar 164 3 542-5.e1
- Assessment of commonly used pediatric stool scales: a pilot study.
- Saps M, Nichols-Vinueza D, Dhroove G, Adams P, Chogle A Rev Gastroenterol Mex 2013 Jul-Sep 78 3 151-8
- Abdominal pain and functional gastrointestinal disorders in children with celiac disease.
- Saps M, Adams P, Bonilla S, Nichols-Vinueza D J. Pediatr. 2013 Mar 162 3 505-9
- Parental report of abdominal pain and abdominal pain-related functional gastrointestinal disorders from a community survey.
- Saps M, Adams P, Bonilla S, Chogle A, Nichols-Vinueza D J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2012 Dec 55 6 707-10
Honors & Awards
- American Society of Hematology (ASH) Abstract Achievement Award
- Latin American Initiative Program
Harvard Medical School (2013)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grant
National Institute of Health (2013)