Rustin Morse received his is Bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at Oswego and his Medical Degree from the State University of New York – Upstate Medical Center. He then completed his pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois.
After finishing his fellowship in 2001, he joined the medical staff at Phoenix Children’s Hospital where he served as the Associate Director in the emergency department and Medical Director for Quality for the hospital. In 2012, after receiving a Master’s degree in Medical Management from the University of Southern California, Rustin joined Children’s Medical Center as the Vice President of Quality and Chief Quality and was appointed to the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Pediatrics faculty as an Associate Professor. In addition to his administrative responsibilities, Dr. Morse continues to practice pediatric emergency medicine and participate in research initiatives evaluating quality measurement, improvement methodologies, and patient safety.
- Medical School
- SUNY Upstate Medical University (1995)
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh (1998), Pediatrics
- Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center (2001), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Southern California (2012)
- Health Services Research
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Measurement
- Children's Hospitals with Shorter Lengths of Stay Do Not Have Higher Readmission Rates.
- Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, Goodman DM, Berry JG, Gay JC, Sills MR, Srivastava R, Frank G, Hain PD, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2013 May
- Hospital-level compliance with asthma care quality measures at children's hospitals and subsequent asthma-related outcomes.
- Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, McGwire G, Anspacher M, Sills MR, Williams K, Oyemwense N, Mann KJ, Simon HK, Shah SS JAMA 2011 Oct 306 13 1454-60
- Children's Hospital Characteristics and Readmission Metrics.
- Auger KA, Teufel RJ, Harris JM, Gay JC, Del Beccaro MA, Neuman MI, Tejedor-Sojo J, Agrawal RK, Morse RB, Eghtesady P, Simon HK, McClead RE, Fieldston ES, Shah SS Pediatrics 2017 Jan
- Impact of Chronic Conditions on Emergency Department Visits of Children Using Medicaid.
- Berry JG, Rodean J, Hall M, Alpern ER, Aronson PL, Freedman SB, Brousseau DC, Shah SS, Simon HK, Cohen E, Marin JR, Morse RB, O'Neill M, Neuman MI J. Pediatr. 2016 Dec
- Long length of hospital stay in children with medical complexity.
- Gold JM, Hall M, Shah SS, Thomson J, Subramony A, Mahant S, Mittal V, Wilson KM, Morse R, Mussman GM, Hametz P, Montalbano A, Parikh K, Ishman S, O'Neill M, Berry JG J Hosp Med 2016 Jul
- Association of Social Determinants With Children's Hospitals' Preventable Readmissions Performance.
- Sills MR, Hall M, Colvin JD, Macy ML, Cutler GJ, Bettenhausen JL, Morse RB, Auger KA, Raphael JL, Gottlieb LM, Fieldston ES, Shah SS JAMA Pediatr 2016 Feb
- Socioeconomic Status and Hospitalization Costs for Children with Brain and Spinal Cord Injury.
- Zonfrillo MR, Zaniletti I, Hall M, Fieldston ES, Colvin JD, Bettenhausen JL, Macy ML, Alpern ER, Cutler GJ, Raphael JL, Morse RB, Sills MR, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2015 Nov
- Computed Tomography and Shifts to Alternate Imaging Modalities in Hospitalized Children.
- Parker MW, Shah SS, Hall M, Fieldston ES, Coley BD, Morse RB Pediatrics 2015 Aug
- Association of National Guidelines With Tonsillectomy Perioperative Care and Outcomes.
- Mahant S, Hall M, Ishman SL, Morse R, Mittal V, Mussman GM, Gold J, Montalbano A, Srivastava R, Wilson KM, Shah SS Pediatrics 2015 Jul 136 1 53-60
- Rates and Impact of Potentially Preventable Readmissions at Children's Hospitals.
- Gay JC, Agrawal R, Auger KA, Del Beccaro MA, Eghtesady P, Fieldston ES, Golias J, Hain PD, McClead R, Morse RB, Neuman MI, Simon HK, Tejedor-Sojo J, Teufel RJ, Harris JM, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2014 Dec
Rapid Sequence Intubation. In Pediatric Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, 2nd edition, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, S. Lelyveld, R. Schafermeyer, eds.
Morse RB, Arteaga G (2002). McGraw-Hill
Rapid Sequence Intubation. In Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts, 1st edition, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, R. Schafermeyer, R. Wiebe, V. Dobiesz, H. Prendergast, eds.
Morse RB, Arteaga G, Ahrens WR, Dobiesz VA (2004). McGraw-Hill
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association for Physician Leadership