Rustin Morse received his is Bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at Oswego and his Medical Degree from the State University of New York – Upstate Medical Center. He then completed his pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois.
After finishing his fellowship in 2001, he joined the medical staff at Phoenix Children’s Hospital where he served as the Associate Director in the emergency department and Medical Director for Quality for the hospital. In 2012, after receiving a Master’s degree in Medical Management from the University of Southern California, Rustin joined Children’s Medical Center as the Vice President of Quality and Chief Quality and was appointed to the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Pediatrics faculty as an Associate Professor. In addition to his administrative responsibilities, Dr. Morse continues to practice pediatric emergency medicine and participate in research initiatives evaluating quality measurement, improvement methodologies, and patient safety.
- Medical School
- SUNY Upstate Medical University (1995)
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh (1998), Pediatrics
- Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center (2001), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Southern California (2012)
- Health Services Research
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Measurement
- Children's Hospitals with Shorter Lengths of Stay Do Not Have Higher Readmission Rates.
- Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, Goodman DM, Berry JG, Gay JC, Sills MR, Srivastava R, Frank G, Hain PD, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2013 May
- Hospital-level compliance with asthma care quality measures at children's hospitals and subsequent asthma-related outcomes.
- Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, McGwire G, Anspacher M, Sills MR, Williams K, Oyemwense N, Mann KJ, Simon HK, Shah SS JAMA 2011 Oct 306 13 1454-60
- Rates and Impact of Potentially Preventable Readmissions at Children's Hospitals.
- Gay JC, Agrawal R, Auger KA, Del Beccaro MA, Eghtesady P, Fieldston ES, Golias J, Hain PD, McClead R, Morse RB, Neuman MI, Simon HK, Tejedor-Sojo J, Teufel RJ, Harris JM, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2014 Dec
- Asthma Care Quality Measures at Children's Hospitals and Asthma-Related Outcomes.
- Subramony A, Hall M, Thomas C, Chiang VW, McClead RE, Macias CG, Frank G, Simon HK, Mann K, Morse R J Healthc Qual 2014 Aug
- Establishing Benchmarks for the Hospitalized Care of Children With Asthma, Bronchiolitis, and Pneumonia.
- Parikh K, Hall M, Mittal V, Montalbano A, Mussman GM, Morse RB, Hain P, Wilson KM, Shah SS Pediatrics 2014 Aug
- Impact of Inpatient Bronchiolitis Clinical Practice Guideline Implementation on Testing and Treatment.
- Mittal V, Hall M, Morse R, Wilson KM, Mussman G, Hain P, Montalbano A, Parikh K, Mahant S, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2014 Jun
- Inpatient Bronchiolitis Guideline Implementation and Resource Utilization.
- Mittal V, Darnell C, Walsh B, Mehta A, Badawy M, Morse R, Pop R, Tidwell J, Sheehan M, McDermott S, Cannon C, Kahn J Pediatrics 2014 Feb
- Community Household Income and Resource Utilization for Common Inpatient Pediatric Conditions.
- Fieldston ES, Zaniletti I, Hall M, Colvin JD, Gottlieb L, Macy ML, Alpern ER, Morse RB, Hain PD, Sills MR, Frank G, Shah SS Pediatrics 2013 Nov
- Statistical uncertainty of mortality rates and rankings for children's hospitals.
- Feudtner C, Berry JG, Parry G, Hain P, Morse RB, Slonim AD, Shah SS, Hall M Pediatrics 2011 Oct 128 4 e966-72
- Root Cause Analyses Performed in a Children's Hospital: Events, Action Plan Strength, and Implementation Rates.
- Morse RB, Pollack MM J Healthc Qual 2011 Apr