Dr. Rangan is originally from Bangalore, India, and received her dental degree at the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, VS Dental College and Hospital. Drawn by the opportunity to pursue a career in clinical research, she completed her Master of Public Health in Clinical Research at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, School of Public Health. Dr. Rangan brings to UTSW a strong background in clinical research in dentistry, rheumatology and cardiology. She currently specializes in Cardiology Research with special interests in Saphenous Vein Graft Disease, Chronic Total Occlusions, Intravascular Imaging and Investigational Drug and Device Trials. She is currently the National Coordinator of the VA multicenter trial, CSP#571: Drug-Eluting Stents vs. Bare Metal Stents In Saphenous Vein Graft Angioplasty (DIVA), and is an Executive Committee and Steering Committee member of the trial. Dr. Rangan also serves as a Board Member and Reviewer on the VA North Texas Health Care System Institutional Review Board.
- Chronic Total Occulsions
- Intravascular Imaging
- Investigational Drug and Device Clinical Trials
- Saphenous Vein Graft Disease
- Effect of a Real-Time Radiation Monitoring Device on Operator Radiation Exposure During Cardiac Catheterization: The Radiation Reduction During Cardiac Catheterization Using Real-Time Monitoring Study.
- Christopoulos G, Papayannis AC, Alomar M, Kotsia A, Michael TT, Rangan BV, Roesle M, Shorrock D, Makke L, Layne R, Grabarkewitz R, Haagen D, Maragkoudakis S, Mohammad A, Sarode K, Cipher DJ, Chambers CE, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2014 Nov
- Long-term outcomes of successful chronic total occlusion percutaneous coronary interventions using the antegrade and retrograde approach.
- Michael TT, Mogabgab O, Alomar M, Kotsia A, Christopoulos G, Rangan BV, Abdullah S, Grodin J, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES J Interv Cardiol 2014 Oct 27 5 465-71
- Randomized controlled trial on the impact of music therapy during cardiac catheterization on reactive hyperemia index and patient satisfaction: the Functional Change in Endothelium After Cardiac Catheterization, With and Without Music Therapy (FEAT) study.
- Ripley L, Christopoulos G, Michael TT, Alomar M, Rangan BV, Roesle M, Kotsia A, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES J Invasive Cardiol 2014 Sep 26 9 437-42
- The efficacy and safety of the "hybrid" approach to coronary chronic total occlusions: insights from a contemporary multicenter US registry and comparison with prior studies.
- Christopoulos G, Menon RV, Karmpaliotis D, Alaswad K, Lombardi W, Grantham A, Patel VG, Rangan BV, Kotsia AP, Lembo N, Kandzari D, Carlson H, Garcia S, Banerjee S, Thompson CA, Brilakis ES J Invasive Cardiol 2014 Sep 26 9 427-32
- Wire externalization versus "rendez-vous" for successfully completing retrograde chronic total occlusion interventions.
- Rangan BV, Brilakis ES Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2014 Aug 84 2 338-9
- Perioperative complications after noncardiac surgery in patients with insertion of second-generation drug-eluting stents.
- Lo N, Kotsia A, Christopoulos G, Roesle M, Rangan BV, Kim BJ, Webb A, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES Am. J. Cardiol. 2014 Jul 114 2 230-5
- Outcomes with first- versus second-generation drug-eluting stents in coronary chronic total occlusions (CTOs): a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Lanka V, Patel VG, Saeed B, Kotsia A, Christopoulos G, Rangan BV, Mohammad A, Luna M, Garcia S, Abdullah SM, Grodin J, Hastings JL, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES J Invasive Cardiol 2014 Jul 26 7 304-10
- Application of the "hybrid approach" to chronic total occlusions in patients with previous coronary artery bypass graft surgery (from a Contemporary Multicenter US registry).
- Christopoulos G, Menon RV, Karmpaliotis D, Alaswad K, Lombardi W, Grantham JA, Michael TT, Patel VG, Rangan BV, Kotsia AP, Lembo N, Kandzari DE, Lee J, Kalynych A, Carlson H, Garcia S, Banerjee S, Thompson CA, Brilakis ES Am. J. Cardiol. 2014 Jun 113 12 1990-4
- Angiographic success and procedural complications in patients undergoing retrograde percutaneous coronary chronic total occlusion interventions: a weighted meta-analysis of 3,482 patients from 26 studies.
- El Sabbagh A, Patel VG, Jeroudi OM, Michael TT, Alomar ME, Mogabgab O, Fuh E, Roesle M, Rangan BV, Abdullah S, Hastings JL, Grodin J, Kumbhani DJ, Alexopoulos D, Fasseas P, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES Int. J. Cardiol. 2014 Jun 174 2 243-8
- Saphenous vein graft interventions.
- Brilakis ES, Lee M, Mehilli J, Marmagkiolis K, Rodes-Cabau J, Sachdeva R, Kotsia A, Christopoulos G, Rangan BV, Mohammed A, Banerjee S Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med 2014 May 16 5 301
Association of cardiovascular disease with the metabolic syndrome in a predominately male cohort with rheumatoid arthritis. In Rheumatoid arthritis: etiology, consequences and co-morbidities
Sabahi I, Richards JS, Rangan BV, Reimold A, Cannon GW, Johnson D, Caplan L, Kerr, GS (2012). Intech
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Cardiology Research Achievement Award 2013
Research and Development, VA North Texas Health Care System (2014)
- Society of Clinical Research Associates (2010)
- Delta Omega Honor Society in Public Health (2006)