Libby Kay has been a clinical social worker on faculty with the Department of Psychiatry at the University of
Texas Southwestern Medical Center since 1989. She earned her Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree in 1978 at the University of Texas at Austin and her Master of Science Social Work (MSSW) degree in 1982 at the University of Texas at Arlington. She was awarded the David A. Waller M.D. Outstanding Child and Adolescent Teacher of the Year for 2004-2005 for full-time faculty in the Department of Psychiatry. She is adjunct faculty for the School of Social Work at the University of Texas at Arlington and Texas A&M Commerce. She teaches graduate social work courses in Clinical and Forensic Interviewing of Children and Adolescents, Family Therapy, Clinical Supervision, Community Assessment and Practice.
Libby Kay is a Board Certified Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a member of the National Academy of
Certified Social Workers. She is past president of the National Association of Social Workers/Texas Chapter and has served on the NASW/Texas Chapter Ethics Committee since 1981. Libby Kay has served in social work leadership at the local, state and national level. She was awarded the NASW Social Worker of the Year, Amarillo 1985 and Dallas 2000. She received the 2010 NASW /Texas Lifetime Achievement in Social Work Award recognizing over 30 years of experience as a clinician in mental health practice with interests in
depression, anxiety, disaster, trauma, and ethics.
Libby Kay is a member of the Dallas Chapter of the American Red Cross and the Dallas County Medical Reserve Corp. She serves on the Mental Health Disaster Response Team and is an instructor for Psychological First Aid.
|Undergraduate School||University of Texas at Austin (1978)|
|Graduate School||University of Texas at Arlington (1982)|
- Child and Adolescent research in the area of High Risk Adolescent mothers with Low Birth Weight infants and the incidence of depression
- Infant mental health, development and low birth weight
Honors & Awards
- Life Achievement in Social Work Award , Texas Chapter / National Association of Social Workers
Lifetime achievement in social work award given for years 30+ years of work in social work. (2010)
- Social Worker of the Year - Dallas, TX
National Association of Social Workers-Dallas branch (2000)
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest
- vWho's Who in Medicine and Healthcare
- Who's Who of American Women
- Who's Who in the Helping Professions
- Dallas Medical Reserve Corp (2002)
- Dallas Chapter American Red Cross (2001)
- National Association of Social Workers(NASW) (1980)