Dr. Edwards is originally from Denver, Colorado and received both his undergraduate and medical training at the University of Colorado, where he was also a member of the university cycling team (7 national championships!). The opportunity to work with the nation's underfunded and indigent patients, and the desire for a “hands-on” training experience led him to complete an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He has diverse research interests and has published literature in oncology, critical care medicine, pulmonary medicine, cardiology, and interventional radiology. Desiring to continue the perpetual learning fostered by his mentors at Parkland, he now serves as an academic hospitalist at UTSW.
- Medical School
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (2012)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- Hospitalist (In-Patient Care)
- Cardiac medication adherence
- Chemo-embolization for unresectable malignancies
- Internal Medicine Resident Education
- Nutrition in the ciritcally ill patient
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Rates of aldosterone antagonist use after myocardial infarction remain poor over time among guideline eligible patients.
- Khalili H, Edwards A, Jones J, de Lemos JA, Das SR Int. J. Cardiol. 2014 Aug
- Metaanalysis of survival, complications, and imaging response following chemotherapy-based transarterial therapy in patients with unresectable intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Ray CE, Edwards A, Smith MT, Leong S, Kondo K, Gipson M, Rochon PJ, Gupta R, Messersmith W, Purcell T, Durham J J Vasc Interv Radiol 2013 Aug 24 8 1218-26
- A translation inhibitor identified in a Drosophila screen enhances the effect of ionizing radiation and taxol in mammalian models of cancer.
- Gladstone M, Frederick B, Zheng D, Edwards A, Yoon P, Stickel S, DeLaney T, Chan DC, Raben D, Su TT Dis Model Mech 2012 May 5 3 342-50
- Combinatorial effect of maytansinol and radiation in Drosophila and human cancer cells.
- Edwards A, Gladstone M, Yoon P, Raben D, Frederick B, Su TT Dis Model Mech 2011 Jul 4 4 496-503
- Contribution of growth and cell cycle checkpoints to radiation survival in Drosophila.
- Jaklevic B, Uyetake L, Lemstra W, Chang J, Leary W, Edwards A, Vidwans S, Sibon O, Tin Su T Genetics 2006 Dec 174 4 1963-72
Honors & Awards
- Glaser Research Award
University of Colorado at Boulder (2014)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honor Society (2012)
- Undergraduate Research Grant
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (2009-2012)
- Amnerican College of Physicians (2012)