Dr. Luis Sifuentes-Dominguez is studying basic mechanisms of inflammatory bowel disease. He is supported by a departmental, NIH-sponsored Child Health Research Career Development Award and is working closely with Dr. Ezra Burstein in UT Southwestern’s Department of Internal Medicine’s Division of Gastroenterology to understand the molecular basis of early-onset IBD. Using cutting-edge genomic and proteomic approaches, together they have identified novel genes that play a role in early-onset IBD.
- Medical School
- Universidad La Salle Medical School (2005)
- Hospital Infantil de Mexico Federico Gomez (2008), Pediatrics
- University of Connecticut Health Center (2012), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2015), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Identifying the genetic causes of early onset Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Role of enteroendocrine cells in inflammatory bowel disease pathogenesis
- Genetics and Therapeutics in Pediatric Ulcerative Colitis: the Past, Present and Future.
- Sifuentes-Dominguez L, Patel AS F1000Res 2016 5
- Endosomal sorting of Notch receptors through COMMD9-dependent pathways modulates Notch signaling.
- Li H, Koo Y, Mao X, Sifuentes-Dominguez L, Morris LL, Jia D, Miyata N, Faulkner RA, van Deursen JM, Vooijs M, Billadeau DD, van de Sluis B, Cleaver O, Burstein E J. Cell Biol. 2015 Nov 211 3 605-17
- COMMD1 is linked to the WASH complex and regulates endosomal trafficking of the copper transporter ATP7A.
- Phillips-Krawczak CA, Singla A, Starokadomskyy P, Deng Z, Osborne DG, Li H, Dick CJ, Gomez TS, Koenecke M, Zhang JS, Dai H, Sifuentes-Dominguez LF, Geng LN, Kaufmann SH, Hein MY, Wallis M, McGaughran J, Gecz J, Sluis Bv, Billadeau DD, Burstein E Mol. Biol. Cell 2015 Jan 26 1 91-103
- Microorganisms associated to catheter related sepsis in a general hospital in Mexico City.
- Sifuentes-Dominguez LF, Garcia-Lara M., Vick-Fragoso R. Gaceta UNAM 2004
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Research Award
UTSW Department of Pediatrics Senior Fellows Research Day (2015)
- W.W. Caruth Scholar
Children's Medical Center Foundation (2015)
- Endoscopy Prize
- Teaching Resident Award
University of Connecticut School of Medicine (2012)
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, North Texas Dallas Chapter Medical Advisory Committee (2016)
- Member, Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (2014)
- Member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2012)