- Medical School
- University of California, San Francisco (2000)
- Duke University Medical Center (2003), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2006), Pediatric Endocrinology
- Graduate School
- University of Massachusetts Medical School (2010), Clinical Investigation
- Congenital hyperinsulinism
- Diabetes in adolescents
- Uric Acid, Parathyroid Hormone, and Vitamin D: New Players in an Old Game.
- Cartaya J, Gupta OT Metab Syndr Relat Disord 2016 Apr 14 3 135-6
- Association between Responsible Pet Ownership and Glycemic Control in Youths with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Maranda L, Gupta OT PLoS ONE 2016 11 4 e0152332
- Tenomodulin promotes human adipocyte differentiation and beneficial visceral adipose tissue expansion.
- Senol-Cosar O, Flach RJ, DiStefano M, Chawla A, Nicoloro S, Straubhaar J, Hardy OT, Noh HL, Kim JK, Wabitsch M, Scherer PE, Czech MP Nat Commun 2016 7 10686
- Visceral Adipose Tissue Mesothelial Cells: Living on the Edge or Just Taking Up Space?
- Gupta OT, Gupta RK Trends Endocrinol. Metab. 2015 Oct 26 10 515-23
- Activated Kupffer cells inhibit insulin sensitivity in obese mice.
- Tencerova M, Aouadi M, Vangala P, Nicoloro SM, Yawe JC, Cohen JL, Shen Y, Garcia-Menendez L, Pedersen DJ, Gallagher-Dorval K, Perugini RA, Gupta OT, Czech MP FASEB J. 2015 Mar
- Syndrome X (Metabolic Syndrome) for Generation Z! Why?
- Gupta OT Metab Syndr Relat Disord 2015 Feb
- A Novel Behavioral Intervention in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Improves Glycemic Control: Preliminary Results From a Pilot Randomized Control Trial.
- Maranda L, Lau M, Stewart SM, Gupta OT Diabetes Educ 2015 Jan
- Engaging Teens and Parents in Collaborative Practice: Perspectives on Diabetes Self-Management.
- Sullivan-Bolyai S, Bova C, Johnson K, Cullen K, Jaffarian C, Quinn D, Aroke EN, Crawford S, Lee MM, Gupta O Diabetes Educ 2014 Jan
- Endotrophin triggers adipose tissue fibrosis and metabolic dysfunction.
- Sun K, Park J, Gupta OT, Holland WL, Auerbach P, Zhang N, Goncalves Marangoni R, Nicoloro SM, Czech MP, Varga J, Ploug T, An Z, Scherer PE Nat Commun 2014 5 3485
- Parental Mastery of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Skills and Glycemic Control in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mitchell K, Johnson K, Cullen K, Lee MM, Hardy OT Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2013 Jun
Hypoglycemia. In Maternal, Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, S. Blackburn, ed.
Hardy O, Stanley C. (2012). Missouri, Elsevier
Premature Thelarche. In The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult, 4th Edition, M. Schwartz, L. Bell Jr, P. Bingham, E. Chung, D. Friedman, A. Mulberg, R. Tanel, eds.
Hardy O, Kelly A. (2005). Philadelphia, PA, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Hyperinsulinism of Infancy: Localization of Focal Forms. In Pediatric PET Imaging, M. Charron, ed.
Hardy O, Stanley C. (2006). New York, Springer
Honors & Awards
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015)
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
- Translational Medicine and Science Retreat
Poster Award (2010-2011)
- Best Paper Published from 2008's "Novel Insights from Clinical Practice"
Hormone Research (2009)
- Outstanding Patient-Oriented Research Poster
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Spring Symposium and Kroc Lecture (2006)
- First Place Poster
National Cooperative Growth Study, Genentech (2005)
- Research Fellowship Grant
Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society (2005-2006)
- Behavioral Research in Diabetes Group Exchange (2013)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (2003-2006)
- American Diabetes Association (2003)
- Pediatric Endocrinology Society (2003)
- The Endocrine Society (2003)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2000-2003)