Dr. Jarrett is a licensed clinical psychologist whose research and clinical expertise is in mood and related disorders. She specializes in short-term psychotherapy and focuses on cognitive therapy. In the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern, Dr. Jarrett directs research, treats patients, and supervises clinical and research activities of trainees and junior faculty. Dr. Jarrett has directed the Psychosocial Research and Depression Clinic since 1989 where the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) has continuously funded her research group. She welcomes collaborators and trainees dedicated to understanding the role of psychosocial factors in the course of illness, particularly mood and related disorders.
|Undergraduate School||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine (1978), Psychology|
|Graduate School||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1980)|
|Graduate School||University of North Carolina (1983)|
|Internship||University of Mississippi School of Medicine (1984), Clinical Psychology|
- Cognitive Therapy
- Mood and related disorders
- Psychosocial factors and interventions
- Improvement in self-reported quality of life with cognitive therapy for recurrent major depressive disorder.
- Jha MK, Minhajuddin A, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J Affect Disord 2014 Oct 167 37-43
- Stable Remission and Recovery After Acute-Phase Cognitive Therapy for Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J Consult Clin Psychol 2014 Jul
- Extreme nonresponse to acute phase cognitive therapy for depression: an attempt to replicate and extend.
- Koenig AM, Jarrett RB, Gallop R, Barrett MS, Thase ME Behav Ther 2014 May 45 3 300-13
- Preventing Depressive Relapse and Recurrence in Higher-Risk Cognitive Therapy Responders: A Randomized Trial of Continuation Phase Cognitive Therapy, Fluoxetine, or Matched Pill Placebo.
- Jarrett RB, Minhajuddin A, Gershenfeld H, Friedman ES, Thase ME JAMA Psychiatry 2013 Sep
- Replication and Extension: Separate Personality Traits from States to Predict Depression.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J. Pers. Disord. 2013 Jun
- Nomothetic and Idiographic Symptom Change Trajectories in Acute-Phase Cognitive Therapy for Recurrent Depression.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J Consult Clin Psychol 2013 Apr
- Acute phase cognitive therapy for recurrent major depressive disorder: Who drops out and how much do patient skills influence response?
- Jarrett RB, Minhajuddin A, Kangas JL, Friedman ES, Callan JA, Thase ME Behav Res Ther 2013 Jan 51 4-5 221-230
- Impact of reproductive status and age on response of depressed women to cognitive therapy.
- Brandon AR, Minhajuddin A, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2013 Jan 22 1 58-66
- Cognitive reactivity, dysfunctional attitudes, and depressive relapse and recurrence in cognitive therapy responders.
- Jarrett RB, Minhajuddin A, Borman PD, Dunlap L, Segal ZV, Kidner CL, Friedman ES, Thase ME Behav Res Ther 2012 May 50 5 280-6
- Skills of Cognitive Therapy (SoCT): A new measure of patients' comprehension and use.
- Jarrett RB, Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME Psychological assessment 2011 Feb 578-86
Honors & Awards
American Psychological Association (2014)
- Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine
- Elizabeth H. Penn Professorship in Clinical Psychology
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2004)
- Fourjay Scholar
The Fourjay Foundation, The Beck Institute, Extramural Training Program (2000)
- Diplomate and Founding Fellow; Certified Consultant and Trainer
Academy of Cognitive Therapy (1999)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Funding
NIMH funding as Principal Investigator
- Association for Psychological Science (2010-2015)
- Editorial Board: Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (2004-present) (2004-2015)
- Dallas Psychological Association (1993-2015)
- Reviewers Reserve [NIMH] (1990-2014)
- Texas Psychological Association (1990-2015)
- International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy (1989-2015)
- Society for Psychotherapy Research (1989-2015)
- American Psychological Association (1984-2015)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy (1978-2015)