Dr. Jarrett is a licensed clinical psychologist whose research and clinical expertise is in mood and related disorders. She specializes in short-term psychotherapy and focuses on cognitive therapy. In the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern, Dr. Jarrett directs research, treats patients, and supervises clinical and research activities of trainees and junior faculty. Dr. Jarrett has directed the Psychosocial Research and Depression Clinic since 1989 where the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) has continuously funded her research group. She welcomes collaborators and trainees dedicated to understanding the role of psychosocial factors in the course of illness, particularly mood and related disorders.
|Graduate School||University of North Carolina at Greensboro (1983)|
- Cognitive Therapy
- Mood and related disorders
- Psychosocial factors and interventions
- Preventing Depressive Relapse and Recurrence in Higher-Risk Cognitive Therapy Responders: A Randomized Trial of Continuation Phase Cognitive Therapy, Fluoxetine, or Matched Pill Placebo.
- Jarrett RB, Minhajuddin A, Gershenfeld H, Friedman ES, Thase ME JAMA Psychiatry 2013 Sep
- Skills of Cognitive Therapy (SoCT): A new measure of patients' comprehension and use.
- Jarrett RB, Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME Psychological assessment 2011 Feb 578-86
- Replication and Extension: Separate Personality Traits from States to Predict Depression.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J. Pers. Disord. 2013 Jun
- Nomothetic and Idiographic Symptom Change Trajectories in Acute-Phase Cognitive Therapy for Recurrent Depression.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J Consult Clin Psychol 2013 Apr
- Acute phase cognitive therapy for recurrent major depressive disorder: Who drops out and how much do patient skills influence response?
- Jarrett RB, Minhajuddin A, Kangas JL, Friedman ES, Callan JA, Thase ME Behav Res Ther 2013 Jan 51 4-5 221-230
- Impact of reproductive status and age on response of depressed women to cognitive therapy.
- Brandon AR, Minhajuddin A, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2013 Jan 22 1 58-66
- Proof of concept: Partner-Assisted Interpersonal Psychotherapy for perinatal depression.
- Brandon AR, Ceccotti N, Hynan LS, Shivakumar G, Johnson N, Jarrett RB Arch Womens Ment Health 2012 Dec 15 6 469-80
- Cognitive reactivity, dysfunctional attitudes, and depressive relapse and recurrence in cognitive therapy responders.
- Jarrett RB, Minhajuddin A, Borman PD, Dunlap L, Segal ZV, Kidner CL, Friedman ES, Thase ME Behav Res Ther 2012 May 50 5 280-6
- Interpersonal problems as predictors of therapeutic alliance and symptom improvement in cognitive therapy for depression.
- Renner F, Jarrett RB, Vittengl JR, Barrett MS, Clark LA, Thase ME J Affect Disord 2012 May 138 3 458-67
- Outcomes of acute phase cognitive therapy in outpatients with anxious versus nonanxious depression.
- Smits JA, Minhajuddin A, Thase ME, Jarrett RB Psychother Psychosom 2012 81 3 153-60
Honors & Awards
American Psychological Association (2014)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Funding
NIMH funding as Principal Investigator (2013)
- Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine
- Elizabeth H. Penn Professorship in Clinical Psychology
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2004)
- Fourjay Scholar
The Fourjay Foundation, The Beck Institute, Extramural Training Program (2000)
- Diplomate and Founding Fellow; Certified Consultant and Trainer
Academy of Cognitive Therapy (1999)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy (1978)
- American Psychological Association
- Editorial Board: Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (2004-present)
- IRG Review, NIMH: Interventions Committee Adult Mood and Anxiety Disorders (2008-2009)
- IRG Review, NIMH: Interventions Committee for Adult Disorders (2009-2012)
- Reviewers Reserve [NIMH] (1990-2012)