Dr. Ceyda Acun was born in Turkey, and obtained her medical degree from Ankara University School of Medicine. She did her pediatric residency at SB Ankara Children's Hospital and Brown University Hasbro Children's Hospital. She did neonatal neurology fellowship at George Washington University Hospital, and neonatology fellowship at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. She investigated hypothermia's effects in infection sensitized neonatal hypoxic ischemic brain injury in a rat model during her neonatology fellowship. Her current research interests are neonatal neurology, HIE, nutrition and growth in LBW infants.
- Medical School
- Ankara University School of Medicine (1996)
- SB Ankara Diskapi Children's Hospital (2001), Pediatrics
- Brown University School of Medicine (2008), Pediatrics
- George Washington University (2009), Neonatal Neurology
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2012), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
- Neonatal neurology
- Nutrition and growth in LBW infants
- Pneumothorax in the newborn: clinical presentation, risk factors and outcomes.
- Aly H, Massaro A, Acun C, Ozen M J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal. Med. 2014 Mar 27 4 402-6
- Is it a safe practice to administer oxygen during uncomplicated delivery: a randomized controlled trial?
- Nesterenko TH, Acun C, Mohamed MA, Mohamed AN, Karcher D, Larsen J, Aly H Early Hum. Dev. 2012 Aug 88 8 677-81
- Visual diagnosis: three infants who have perioral and acral skin lesions.
- Leonard D, Koca R, Acun C, Cinar S, Estürk E, Ustündag G, Herron S, Butterfly MM, Zenel JA Pediatr Rev 2007 Aug 28 8 312-8
- Visual diagnosis: a child who has acute onset of unusual skin lesions and edema.
- Acun C, Ustundag G, Sogut A, Koca R, Numanoglu G Pediatr Rev 2006 Nov 27 11 e71-4
- Investigation of human colostrum Helicobacter pylori IgA content in lactating women.
- Tanriverdi HA, Acun C, Ustundag G, Barut A, Tekin IO, Ustundag Y Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 2006 Jan 124 1 58-60
- Prevalence and risk factors for childhood asthma in Zonguldak, Turkey.
- Tomac N, Demirel F, Acun C, Ayoglu F Allergy Asthma Proc 2005 Sep-Oct 26 5 397-402
- Effects of inhaled corticosteroids on growth in asthmatic children: a comparison of fluticasone propionate with budesonide.
- Acun C, Tomac N, Ermis B, Onk G Allergy Asthma Proc 2005 May-Jun 26 3 204-6
- Subcutaneous fat necrosis of the newborn.
- Acun C, Kargi E, Ustundag G, Hosnuter M, Numanoglu G Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2005 May 115 6 1790-2
- Prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and associated symptoms in 3--11-year-old Turkish children.
- Sogut A, Altin R, Uzun L, Ugur MB, Tomac N, Acun C, Kart L, Can G Pediatr. Pulmonol. 2005 Mar 39 3 251-6
- Metaphyseal enchondrodysplasia with 2-hydroxy-glutaric aciduria: observation of a third case and further delineation.
- Bayar A, Acun C, Dursun A, Verhoeven N, Bonafé L, Keser S, Superti-Furga A Clin. Dysmorphol. 2005 Jan 14 1 7-11
Honors & Awards
- America's Top Pediatricians
- AAP, Section of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (2014)
- Ohio Medical Association (2009)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2006)
- Turkish Pediatric Society (2001)