Greg Jackson spent 14 years in general pediatric practice in Denton, Texas before he arrived at UTSW as the Clinical Director of the Parkland Memorial Hospital Newborn Nursery in 1989. Newborn medicine has main interest beginning prior to medical school, when he worked with Arnold Rudolph, M.B. at the now closed Jeff Davis Hospital in Houston, Texas. Dr. Jackson provides clinical services in the management of the normal newborn, performs research in various areas of newborn medicine, and assists in the administration of one of the largest newborn nurseries in the U.S.
|Undergraduate||University of Southern California , Psychology|
|Medical School||Baylor College of Medicine (1972)|
- Newborn Medicine
- Effects in chorioaminionitis-exposed infants
- Neonatal jaundice
- Neonatal pneumonia
- The Parkland Memorial Hospital Experience in Assuring Compliance with Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Follow-up.
- AG Shoup, K Owen, GL Jackson. J. Pediatrics 2005 146(1) 50-56
- Evaluation of a Transcutaneous Jaundice Meter Following Hospital Discharge in Term and Near-Term Neonates.
- W Engle, G Jackson, D Sendelbach, E Stehel, D Ford, K McHugh, M Norris, D Vedro, S Velapi, I Michelow, K Olsen. J. Perinatology 2005 25 486-490
- Depression at Birth in the Term Infants Exposed to Maternal Chorioamnioitis: does Neonatal Fever Play a role?
- LF Shalak, JM Perlman, GL Jackson, AR Laptook. J. Perinatology 2005 25 447-452
- Are Complete Blood Cells Counts useful in the Evaluation of asymptomatic Neonates Exposed to Suspected Chorioammionitis?
- GL Jackson, WD Engle, DM Sendelbach, DAVedro, AS Josey, J Vinson, C Bryant, G Hahn, CR Rosenfeld. Pediatrics 2004 113 1173-1180
- Association of Hypocalcemia with a change in gentamicin administration in term and near-term neonates
- Jackson GL. Sendelbach DM. Stehel EK. Baum MG. Manning MD. Engle WD. Pediatric Nephrology 2003 18 (7) 653-656
Honors & Awards
- Child Advocate of the Year, Texas
- Faculty Teaching Award
St. Paul Family Medicine Program (1991)
- Outstanding Faculty Award
Childrens Medical Center House Staff (1991)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Clinical Co-Director, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Newborn Nursery
- National Perinatal Association
- Texas Perinatal Association