Dr. Shamaila Gill completed her medical education at Hamdard College of Medicine and Dentistry, Karachi Pakistan. She completed her pediatric residency at Texas Tech in Lubbock. She then obtained her Neonatal-Perinatal medicine training at University of Louisville. She recently joined the faculty at UT Southwestern as an Assistant Professor in the division of neonatal-perinatal medicine.
Dr. Gill's clinical interests are following long term neurodevelopemental outcomes of patients with prolonged and complicated stays in NICU, and the benefits of early childhood intervention in high risk patients. She is also interested in family centered rounds in NICU and its outcomes related to parents better understanding of their child's plan of care, as well as smoother transition to home with better understanding of the expectation related to patient care.
- Medical School
- Hamdard College of Medicine and Dentistry (2003)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Lubbock (2013), Pediatrics
- University of Louisville School of Medicine (2016), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- American Academy of Neonatology
- American Academy of Pediatrics