Name: Susan T. Iannaccone, MD, FAAN Academic Title: Jimmy Elizabeth Westcott Distinguished Chair in Pediatric Neurology Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Director of Child Neurology Children’s Medical Center 2350 Stemmons Freeway, Suite 5400 Dallas TX 75207 Medical/Professional School Attended: State University of New York, Syracuse, New York LeMoyne College, Syracuse, New York Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Rochester, Rochester, New York St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri State University Hospital, Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, New York Current Practice Type and/or Employer: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Director of Child Neurology Children’s Medical Center Outstanding Achievements and/or other Pertinent Information: Positions and Honors. List in chronological order previous positions, concluding with your present position. List any honors. Include present membership on any Federal Government public advisory committee. 2005-Present Jimmy Elizabeth Westcott Distinguished Chair of Pediatric Neurology 2004-Present Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 1995-Present Professor of Neurology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Medical School
- State University of New York - Upstate (1969)
- State University of New York - Syracuse (1970), Pediatrics
- State University of New York - Syracuse (1971), Pediatrics
- Saint Louis Children's Hospital (1972), Pediatrics
- Strong Mem Hosp Univ of Rochester (1975), Neurology
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy.
- Iannaccone ST, Smith SA, Simard LR Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2004 Jan 4 1 74-80
- Spinal muscular atrophies.
- Iannaccone ST, Burghes A Adv Neurol 2002 88 83-98
- Novel LMNA mutations in patients with Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy and functional characterization of four LMNA mutations.
- Scharner J, Brown CA, Bower M, Iannaccone ST, Khatri IA, Escolar D, Gordon E, Felice K, Crowe CA, Grosmann C, Meriggioli MN, Asamoah A, Gordon O, Gnocchi VF, Ellis JA, Mendell JR, Zammit PS Hum. Mutat. 2011 Feb 32 2 152-67
- Congenital CHAT defects: clinical, genetic and expression studies in 11 patients.
- Shen X, Crawford T,Brengman J, Acsadi G, Iannaconne S,Karaca E, Khoury C, Mah JK, Edvardson S, Bajzer Z, Rodgers D, Engel AG. Hum Mutat 2011 32 1259-1267
- Dystrophinopathy in girls with limb girdle muscular dystrophy phenotype.
- Golla S, Agadi S, Burns DK, Marks W, Dev Batish S, del Gaudio D, Iannaccone ST J Clin Neuromuscul Dis 2010 Jun 11 4 203-8
- The PedsQL in pediatric patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: feasibility, reliability, and validity of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory Neuromuscular Module and Generic Core Scales.
- Davis SE, Hynan LS, Limbers CA, Andersen CM, Greene MC, Varni JW, Iannaccone ST J Clin Neuromuscul Dis 2010 Mar 11 3 97-109
- Reliability of telephone administration of the PedsQL Generic Quality of Life Inventory and Neuromuscular Module in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA).
- Dunaway S, Montes J, Montgomery M, Battista V, Koo B, Marra J, De Vivo DC, Hynan LS, Iannaccone ST, Kaufmann P Neuromuscul. Disord. 2010 Mar 20 3 162-5
Anterior Horn Cell and Cranial Motor Neuron Disease. KF Swaiman, S Ashwal and DM Ferriero (eds). In Pediatric Neurology: Principles and Practice, Volume 2, 4th Edition.
Connolly AM and Iannaccone ST (2006). Philadelphia, Mosby Company
Genetic Neurological Disease. RN Rosenberg and DE Pleasure (eds). In Comprehensive Neurology (2nd Edition)
Rosenberg RN and Iannaccone ST (1998). New York, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Intensive Care Management, including Cardiorespiratory Care. HR Jones, DC DeVivo, BT Darras (eds). In Neuromuscular Disorders of Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence, A Clinician?s Approach.
Scott WA and Iannaccone ST (2003). New York, Butterworth Heinemann, Elsevier Science, Inc.
Honors & Awards
- Speical award from graduating Pediatric Neurology residents for mentoring
- Member, Executive Council
American Neurological Association 2008 - Present (2008)
- Texas 2008 Super Doctors
Texas Monthly (2008)
- Chair, Section on Child Neurology
American Academy of Neurology 2007 - 2009 (2007)
- Neurology Alumni Award
University of Rochester Department of Neurology (2000)
- Academy of Neurology
- Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- New York Academy of Science
- Southern Society for Pediatric Research