Name: Susan T. Iannaccone, MD, FAAN Academic Title: Jimmy Elizabeth Westcott Distinguished Chair in Pediatric Neurology Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Director of Child Neurology Children’s Medical Center 2350 Stemmons Freeway, Suite 5400 Dallas TX 75207 Medical/Professional School Attended: State University of New York, Syracuse, New York LeMoyne College, Syracuse, New York Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Rochester, Rochester, New York St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri State University Hospital, Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, New York Current Practice Type and/or Employer: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Director of Child Neurology Children’s Medical Center Outstanding Achievements and/or other Pertinent Information: Positions and Honors. List in chronological order previous positions, concluding with your present position. List any honors. Include present membership on any Federal Government public advisory committee. 2005-Present Jimmy Elizabeth Westcott Distinguished Chair of Pediatric Neurology 2004-Present Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 1995-Present Professor of Neurology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Medical School
- State University of New York - Upstate (1969)
- State University of New York - Syracuse (1970), Pediatrics
- State University of New York - Syracuse (1971), Pediatrics
- Washington University/St. Louis Childrens Hospital (1972), Pediatrics
- Strong Mem Hosp Univ of Rochester (1975), Neurology
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy.
- Iannaccone ST, Smith SA, Simard LR Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2004 Jan 4 1 74-80
- Spinal muscular atrophies.
- Iannaccone ST, Burghes A Adv Neurol 2002 88 83-98
- Results from a phase 1 study of nusinersen (ISIS-SMNRx) in children with spinal muscular atrophy.
- Chiriboga CA, Swoboda KJ, Darras BT, Iannaccone ST, Montes J, De Vivo DC, Norris DA, Bennett CF, Bishop KM Neurology 2016 Feb
- Baseline results of the NeuroNEXT spinal muscular atrophy infant biomarker study.
- Kolb SJ, Coffey CS, Yankey JW, Krosschell K, Arnold WD, Rutkove SB, Swoboda KJ, Reyna SP, Sakonju A, Darras BT, Shell R, Kuntz N, Castro D, Iannaccone ST, Parsons J, Connolly AM, Chiriboga CA, McDonald C, Burnette WB, Werner K, Thangarajh M, Shieh PB, Finanger E, Cudkowicz ME, McGovern MM, McNeil DE, Finkel R, Kaye E, Kingsley A, Renusch SR, McGovern VL, Wang X, Zaworski PG, Prior TW, Burghes AH, Bartlett A, Kissel JT Ann Clin Transl Neurol 2016 Feb 3 2 132-45
- Atypical Presentation for Friedreich Ataxia in a Child.
- Caron E, Burns D, Castro D, Iannaccone ST J Clin Neuromuscul Dis 2015 Sep 17 1 13-7
- Evidence-based guideline summary: Evaluation, diagnosis, and management of congenital muscular dystrophy: Report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Issues Review Panel of the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
- Kang PB, Morrison L, Iannaccone ST, Graham RJ, Bönnemann CG, Rutkowski A, Hornyak J, Wang CH, North K, Oskoui M, Getchius TS, Cox JA, Hagen EE, Gronseth G, Griggs RC Neurology 2015 Mar 84 13 1369-78
- Intrafamilial variability in GMPPB-associated dystroglycanopathy: Broadening of the phenotype.
- Bharucha-Goebel DX, Neil E, Donkervoort S, Dastgir J, Wiggs E, Winder TL, Moore SA, Iannaccone ST, Bönnemann CG Neurology 2015 Mar
- Spinal muscular atrophy: therapeutic strategies.
- Castro D, Iannaccone ST Curr Treat Options Neurol 2014 Nov 16 11 316
- Congenital Myopathies and Muscular Dystrophies.
- Gilbreath HR, Castro D, Iannaccone ST Neurol Clin 2014 Aug 32 3 689-703
- Diagnostic approach to the congenital muscular dystrophies.
- Bönnemann CG, Wang CH, Quijano-Roy S, Deconinck N, Bertini E, Ferreiro A, Muntoni F, Sewry C, Béroud C, Mathews KD, Moore SA, Bellini J, Rutkowski A, North KN Neuromuscul. Disord. 2014 Apr 24 4 289-311
Anterior Horn Cell and Cranial Motor Neuron Disease. In Swaiman KF, Ashwal S, Ferriero DM, eds. Pediatric Neurology: Principles and Practice. Vol. 2. 4th ed.
Connolly AM, Iannaccone ST. (2006). Philadelphia: Mosby Company; 1859-1885.
Genetic Neurological Disease. In Rosenberg RN, Pleasure DE, eds. Comprehensive Neurology. 2nd ed.
Rosenberg RN, Iannaccone ST. (1998). New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Intensive Care Management, Including Cardiorespiratory Care. In Jones HR, DeVivo DC, Darras BT, eds. Neuromuscular Disorders of Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence: A Clinician's Approach. 1st ed.
Scott WA, Iannaccone ST. (2003). New York: Butterworth Heinemann, Elsevier; 1237-1250.
Treatment and Management of Spinal Muscular Atrophy and Congenital Myopathies. In Bertorini TE, ed. Neuromuscular Disorders: Treatment and Management. 1st ed.
Ionita C, Iannaccone ST. (2010). Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier; 179-190.
Childhood Spinal Muscular Atrophy. In Younger DS, ed. Motor Disorders. 2nd ed.
Iannaccone ST, Khatri I. (2005). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 491-499.
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2010-2015)
- Speical award from graduating Pediatric Neurology residents for mentoring
- Member, Executive Council
American Neurological Association (2008)
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2008-2015)
- Chair, Section on Child Neurology
American Academy of Neurology (2007-2009)
- Neurology Alumni Award
University of Rochester Department of Neurology (2000)
- Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- International Child Neurology Association
- Muscular Dystrophy Association of America
- New York Academy of Science
- Southern Society for Pediatric Research
- The Society for Pediatric Research