Education and Training:
Postdoctoral fellow, Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 2003-2009
Ph. D., Biophysics, Indiana University Bloomington, 1998-2003
B. Sc. (summa cum laude), Physics, Birzeit University, 1994-1998
Instructor, Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, 2009-2012
- Linking molecular and cellular behavior across multiple scales
- Mechanics-signaling cross-talk
- Quantitative microscopy and image analysis
- Receptor spatiotemporal organization and signaling
- Ligand-induced growth and compaction of CD36 nanoclusters enriched in Fyn induces Fyn signaling.
- Githaka JM, Vega AR, Baird MA, Davidson MW, Jaqaman K, Touret N J. Cell. Sci. 2016 Sep
- Changes in single-molecule integrin dynamics linked to local cellular behavior.
- Jaqaman K, Galbraith JA, Davidson MW, Galbraith CG Mol. Biol. Cell 2016 Mar
- Structural Organization of Nuclear Lamins A, C, B1 and B2 Revealed by Super-Resolution Microscopy.
- Shimi T, Kittisopikul M, Tran J, Goldman AE, Adam SA, Zheng Y, Jaqaman K, Goldman RD Mol. Biol. Cell 2015 Aug
- Piecewise-Stationary Motion Modeling and Iterative Smoothing to Track Heterogeneous Particle Motions in Dense Environments
- Roudot P, Ding L, Jaqaman K, Kervrann C, Danuser G IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 2017 26 5395-5410
- S. cerevisiae Chromosomes Biorient via Gradual Resolution of Syntely between S Phase and Anaphase.
- Marco E, Dorn JF, Hsu PH, Jaqaman K, Sorger PK, Danuser G Cell 2013 Aug 154 5 1127-39
- Regulation from within: the cytoskeleton in transmembrane signaling.
- Jaqaman K, Grinstein S Trends Cell Biol. 2012 Oct 22 10 515-26
- Cytoskeletal control of CD36 diffusion promotes its receptor and signaling function.
- Jaqaman K, Kuwata H, Touret N, Collins R, Trimble WS, Danuser G, Grinstein S Cell 2011 Aug 146 4 593-606
- Kinetochore alignment within the metaphase plate is regulated by centromere stiffness and microtubule depolymerases.
- Jaqaman K, King EM, Amaro AC, Winter JR, Dorn JF, Elliott HL, McHedlishvili N, McClelland SE, Porter IM, Posch M, Toso A, Danuser G, McAinsh AD, Meraldi P, Swedlow JR J. Cell Biol. 2010 Mar 188 5 665-79
- Robust single-particle tracking in live-cell time-lapse sequences.
- Jaqaman K, Loerke D, Mettlen M, Kuwata H, Grinstein S, Schmid SL, Danuser G Nat. Methods 2008 Aug 5 8 695-702
- Phenotypic clustering of yeast mutants based on kinetochore microtubule dynamics.
- Jaqaman K, Dorn JF, Marco E, Sorger PK, Danuser G Bioinformatics 2007 Jul 23 13 1666-73
Honors & Awards
- Maximizing Investigator's Research Award
- Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas Scholar
- Deborah and W. A. Tex Moncrief, Jr. Endowed Scholar in Medical Research
- Helen Hay Whitney Postdoctoral Fellow
- Richard Slagle Fellow, Indiana University Bloomington
- Valedictorian, Graduation commencement, Birzeit University
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (2017)
- Biophysical Society (2011)
- American Society for Cell Biology (2004)