Education and Training:
Postdoctoral fellow, Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 2003-2009
Ph. D., Biophysics, Indiana University Bloomington, 1998-2003
B. Sc. (summa cum laude), Physics, Birzeit University, 1994-1998
Instructor, Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, 2009-2012
- Linking molecular and cellular behavior across multiple scales
- Quantitative image analysis
- Spatiotemporal structure-function relationships of multi-molecular assemblies
- The biophysical mechanisms of signal transfer across plasma membrane
- The organization of lamins in the nucleus
- Regulation from within: the cytoskeleton in transmembrane signaling.
- Jaqaman K, Grinstein S Trends Cell Biol. 2012 Oct 22 10 515-26
- Cytoskeletal control of CD36 diffusion promotes its receptor and signaling function.
- Jaqaman K, Kuwata H, Touret N, Collins R, Trimble WS, Danuser G, Grinstein S Cell 2011 Aug 146 4 593-606
- Kinetochore alignment within the metaphase plate is regulated by centromere stiffness and microtubule depolymerases.
- Jaqaman K, King EM, Amaro AC, Winter JR, Dorn JF, Elliott HL, McHedlishvili N, McClelland SE, Porter IM, Posch M, Toso A, Danuser G, McAinsh AD, Meraldi P, Swedlow JR J. Cell Biol. 2010 Mar 188 5 665-79
- Robust single-particle tracking in live-cell time-lapse sequences.
- Jaqaman K, Loerke D, Mettlen M, Kuwata H, Grinstein S, Schmid SL, Danuser G Nat. Methods 2008 Aug 5 8 695-702
- Phenotypic clustering of yeast mutants based on kinetochore microtubule dynamics.
- Jaqaman K, Dorn JF, Marco E, Sorger PK, Danuser G Bioinformatics 2007 Jul 23 13 1666-73
- Linking data to models: data regression.
- Jaqaman K, Danuser G Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2006 Nov 7 11 813-9
- Comparative autoregressive moving average analysis of kinetochore microtubule dynamics in yeast.
- Jaqaman K, Dorn JF, Jelson GS, Tytell JD, Sorger PK, Danuser G Biophys. J. 2006 Sep 91 6 2312-25
- Classical density functional theory of orientational order at interfaces: application to water.
- Jaqaman K, Tuncay K, Ortoleva PJ J Chem Phys 2004 Jan 120 2 926-38
- New space warping method for the simulation of large-scale macromolecular conformational changes.
- Jaqaman K, Ortoleva PJ J Comput Chem 2002 Mar 23 4 484-91
Honors & Awards
- Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas Scholar
- Deborah and W. A. Tex Moncrief, Jr. Endowed Scholar in Medical Research
- Helen Hay Whitney Postdoctoral Fellow
- Richard Slagle Fellow, Indiana University Bloomington
- Valedictorian, Graduation commencement, Birzeit University
- Biophysical Society (2011)
- American Society for Cell Biology (2004)