|Medical School||Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (2003)|
|Fellowship||Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Science (2008), Research|
|Residency||New York Presbyterian Hospital (2010), General Surgery|
|Fellowship||Massachusetts General Hospital (2012), Vascular Surgery|
- Genetics of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Lipoprotein Receptor signaling mechanisms in aortic aneurysm pathogenesis
- Durability of open repair of juxtarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Tsai S, Conrad MF, Patel VI, Kwolek CJ, LaMuraglia GM, Brewster DC, Cambria RP J. Vasc. Surg. 2012 Jul 56 1 2-7
- Anti-receptor for advanced glycation end products therapies as novel treatment for abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Zhang F, Kent KC, Yamanouchi D, Zhang Y, Kato K, Tsai S, Nowygrod R, Schmidt AM, Liu B Ann. Surg. 2009 Sep 250 3 416-23
- TGF-beta through Smad3 signaling stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and neointimal formation.
- Tsai S, Hollenbeck ST, Ryer EJ, Edlin R, Yamanouchi D, Kundi R, Wang C, Liu B, Kent KC Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 2009 Aug 297 2 H540-9
- Transforming growth factor-beta promotes recruitment of bone marrow cells and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells through stimulation of MCP-1 production in vascular smooth muscle cells.
- Zhang F, Tsai S, Kato K, Yamanouchi D, Wang C, Rafii S, Liu B, Kent KC J. Biol. Chem. 2009 Jun 284 26 17564-74
- Upregulation of protein kinase cdelta in vascular smooth muscle cells promotes inflammation in abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Schubl S, Tsai S, Ryer EJ, Wang C, Hu J, Kent KC, Liu B J. Surg. Res. 2009 May 153 2 181-7
- The role of progenitor cells in the development of intimal hyperplasia.
- Tsai S, Butler J, Rafii S, Liu B, Kent KC J. Vasc. Surg. 2009 Feb 49 2 502-10