Dr. Zeeshan Ramzan completed four years of gastroenterology training from Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, which included one year of formal training in the field of gastrointestinal motility (under the mentorship of Dr. Joel Richter and Dr. Henry Parkman). Thereafter, he completed one year of dedicated training in Advanced/Interventional Endoscopy at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago. Current clinical and research interests include advanced endoscopy with special focus on its utility in the evaluation and treatment of various esophageal diseases (such as motility disorders, reflux disease, as well as other benign and malignant diseases of the esophagus).
- Advanced endoscopy (EUS, ERCP, etc.)
- Diseases of the esophagus
- Gastrointestinal motility
- Pancreatic and biliary diseases
- Genotypic characteristics of resistant tumors to pre-operative ionizing radiation in rectal cancer.
- Ramzan Z, Nassri AB, Huerta S World J Gastrointest Oncol 2014 Jul 6 7 194-210
- The use of imaging and biomarkers in diagnosing Barrett's esophagus and predicting the risk of neoplastic progression.
- Ramzan Z, Nassri AB, Huerta S Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 2014 Jun 14 5 575-91
- A case of biliary ascariasis.
- Ramzan Z, Anzengruber F Isr. Med. Assoc. J. 2014 May 16 5 324-5
- The role of Botulinum toxin injection in the management of achalasia.
- Ramzan Z, Nassri AB Curr. Opin. Gastroenterol. 2013 May
- Chronic idiopathic constipation: more than a simple colonic transit disorder.
- Shahid S, Ramzan Z, Maurer AH, Parkman HP, Fisher RS J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2012 Feb 46 2 150-4
- Continuous glucose monitoring in gastroparesis.
- Ramzan Z, Duffy F, Gomez J, Fisher RS, Parkman HP Dig. Dis. Sci. 2011 Sep 56 9 2646-55
- Mesenteric ischemia.
- Anzengruber F, Ramzan Z, Carasquillo J, Nunes F Isr. Med. Assoc. J. 2011 Jan 13 1 66
- Clinical features of idiopathic gastroparesis vary with sex, body mass, symptom onset, delay in gastric emptying, and gastroparesis severity.
- Parkman HP, Yates K, Hasler WL, Nguyen L, Pasricha PJ, Snape WJ, Farrugia G, Koch KL, Abell TL, McCallum RW, Lee L, Unalp-Arida A, Tonascia J, Hamilton F Gastroenterology 2011 Jan 140 1 101-15
- Use of endoluminal ultrasound to evaluate gastrointestinal motility.
- Miller L, Dai Q, Korimilli A, Levitt B, Ramzan Z, Brasseur J Dig Dis 2006 24 3-4 319-41
Achalasia, Diffuse Esophageal Spasm and Other Esophageal Motility Disorders. In GI Motility Testing: A Laboratory and Office Handbook
Ramzan Z, Richter JE (2011).
Diabetes and the GI System. In Diabetes: Chronic Complications, 3rd Ed.
Ramzan Z, Parkman H (2012).
Honors & Awards
- ACG Fellowship2Leadership Gastroenterology/Hepatology Award
- Delaware Valley Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (DVSGE), 1st Prize
Annual Research Competition (2010)
- Komarov Competition, 2nd Prize
Oral presentation at basic science and clinical research competition, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA (2010)
- Sol Sherry Award for Excellence in Research, 1st Prize
Oral presentation at "Fellows and Residents Research Forum", Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA (2010)
- Pennsylvania Society of Gastroenterology, 1st Prize
Annual Poster Presentation Competition (2009)
- Annual Research Symposium, Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA, 1st Prize
Oral Presentation (2006)
- Dixon Award
Most Outstanding Reserach, Abington Memorial Hospital, Philadelphia, PA (2006)
- Pennsylvania Medical Society, 1st Prize
Annual Poster Presentation Competition (2005)
- American College of Physicians, 2nd Prize
Annual Poster Presentation Competition (2004)
- American Association of Liver Diseases (AASLD) (2007)
- American Collegeof Gastroenterology (ACG) (2007)
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA) (2007)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) (2007)
- American College of Physicians (2006)