Pulmonary exercise physiology
Mechanisms of lung growth and regeneration
Quantitative assessment of lung structure
Non-invasive functional imaging of the lung.
Lung function in diabetes mellitus, sarcoidosis, and destructive lung disease.
|Medical School||University of Toronto (1982)|
|Internship||St. Michael's Hospital (1983), Medicine|
|Residency||University of Toronto Affiliated Hospitals (1985), Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||University of Toronto Affiliated Hospitals (1987), Respiratory Medicine|
|Fellowship||UT Southwestern Medical Center (1989), Pulmonary Research|
- Adaptation to high altitude / hypoxia
- Exercise pulmonary physiology
- Gas exchange and oxygen transport
- Mechanisms of compensatory lung growth
- Quantifying heterogeneity in emphysema from high-resolution computed tomography: a lung tissue research consortium study.
- Yilmaz C, Dane DM, Patel NC, Hsia CC Acad Radiol 2013 Feb 20 2 181-93
- Separating In vivo mechanical stimuli for postpneumonectomy compensation: Imaging and ultrastructural assessment.
- Ravikumar P, Yilmaz C, Bellotto DJ, Dane DM, Estrera AS, Hsia CC J. Appl. Physiol. 2013 Jan
- Separating in vivo mechanical stimuli for postpneumonectomy compensation: physiological assessment.
- Dane DM, Yilmaz C, Estrera AS, Hsia CC J. Appl. Physiol. 2013 Jan 114 1 99-106
- Quantification of Regional Interstitial Lung Disease from CT-derived Fractional Tissue Volume A Lung Tissue Research Consortium Study.
- Yilmaz C, Watharkar SS, Diaz de Leon A, Garcia CK, Patel NC, Jordan KG, Hsia CC Acad Radiol 2011 Aug 18 8 1014-23
- Progressive adaptation in regional parenchyma mechanics following extensive lung resection assessed by functional computed tomography.
- Yilmaz C, Tustison NJ, Dane DM, Ravikumar P, Takahashi M, Gee JC, Hsia CC Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985) 2011 Jul
- Long-term post-pneumonectomy pulmonary adaptation following all-trans-retinoic acid supplementation.
- Ravikumar P, Dane DM, McDonough P, Yilmaz C, Estrera AS, Hsia CC J. Appl. Physiol. 2011 Mar 110 3 764-73
- Fatty diabetic lung: functional impairment in a model of metabolic syndrome.
- Yilmaz C, Ravikumar P, Bellotto DJ, Unger RH, Hsia CC J. Appl. Physiol. 2010 Dec 109 6 1913-9
- Significant blood resistance to nitric oxide transfer in the lung.
- Borland CD, Dunningham H, Bottrill F, Vuylsteke A, Yilmaz C, Dane DM, Hsia CC J. Appl. Physiol. 2010 May 108 5 1052-60
- How to measure lung structure--what for? On the "Standards for the quantitative assessment of lung structure".
- Hsia CC, Hyde DM, Ochs M, Weibel ER Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2010 Apr 171 2 72-4
- Fatty diabetic lung: altered alveolar structure and surfactant protein expression.
- Foster DJ, Ravikumar P, Bellotto DJ, Unger RH, Hsia CC Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol. 2010 Mar 298 3 L392-403
Honors & Awards
- American Heart Association
Established Investigator Award 1993-1998 (0)
- Will Rogers Memorial Foundation Research Fellowship
1987, 1988 (0)
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Physiological Society
- American Thoracic Society
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Texas Medical Association