Dr. Berg is originally from Pennsylvania and received his initial surgical training at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Feeling especially drawn to the care of pediatric patients, he completed fellowship training in Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Childrens’ Hospital of Philadelphia. Dr. Berg brings expertise to the care of the full spectrum of pediatric ear, nose, and throat disease, and has a special interest in the management of congenital head and neck vascular malformations, congenital and acquired head and neck masses, and pediatric thyroid nodules and disease. His interests outside of medicine include triathlon, snowboarding, reading, and a developing interest in photography.
- Medical School
- Emory University School of Medicine (2006)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2007), Surgery
- Emory University School of Medicine (2011), Otolaryngology
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2012), Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Congenital Neck Masses
- Head and Neck Lymphatic and Vascular Malformations
- Hemangiomas of the Head and Neck
- Pediatric Thyroid Nodules
- Endoscopic cauterization of congenital pyriform fossa sinus tracts: an 18-year experience.
- Sun JY, Berg EE, McClay JE JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2014 Feb 140 2 112-7
- Laryngeal obstruction by cervical and endolaryngeal lymphatic malformations in children: proposed staging system and review of treatment.
- Berg EE, Sobol SE, Jacobs I Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2013 Sep 122 9 575-81
- Radiation fibrosis of the vocal fold: from man to mouse.
- Johns MM, Kolachala V, Berg E, Muller S, Creighton FX, Branski RC Laryngoscope 2012 Dec 122 Suppl 5 S107-25
- Pathologic effects of external-beam irradiation on human vocal folds.
- Berg EE, Kolachala V, Branski RC, Muller S, Johns MM Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2011 Nov 120 11 748-54
- The use of lipid microtubes as a novel slow-release delivery system for laryngeal injection.
- Kolachala VL, Berg EE, Shams S, Mukhatyar V, Sueblinvong V, Bellamkonda RV, Johns MM Laryngoscope 2011 Jun 121 6 1237-43
- Office-based sclerotherapy for benign parotid lymphoepithelial cysts in the HIV-positive patient.
- Berg EE, Moore CE Laryngoscope 2009 May 119 5 868-70
- The role of airway fluoroscopy in the evaluation of children with stridor.
- Berg E, Naseri I, Sobol SE Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2008 Apr 134 4 415-8
- Eustachian tube dysfunction after tobacco smoke exposure.
- Dubin MG, Pollock HW, Ebert CS, Berg E, Buenting JE, Prazma JP Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2002 Jan 126 1 14-9
Skin Tumors, Vascular Lesions, Face and Neck.
Prager JD, Barnett Roby B, Berg E, et al. (2013).
Pediatric Inflammatory Airway Disorders.. In Encyclopedia of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Berg E, Sobol SE. (2013). Springer-Verlag Publishing
Surgery for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. In Medical Management of the Surgical Patient, 5th ed.
Berg E, DelGaudio JM. (2013). Cambridge University Press
- American Board of Otolaryngology (2013)
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology (2013)
- Dallas Academy of Otolaryngology (2012)
- American Academy of OtolaryngologyHead and Neck Surgery (2006)