|Undergraduate||Kalamazoo College , Biology|
|Graduate School||Wayne State University (1981)|
- In vivo models of cancer
- Oncogene and growth factor collaboration in cancer
- Regulation of growth and proliferation
- Regulation of liver growth
- Spontaneous inflammatory disease in transgenic rats expressing HLA-B27 and human beta 2m: an animal model of HLA-B27-associated human disorders.
- Hammer, R.E., Maika, S.D., Richardson, J.A., Tang, J.P., and Taurog, J.D. Cell 1990 63 1099-1112
- Overexpression of low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor eliminates LDL from plasma in transgenic mice.
- Hofmann, S.L., Russell, D.W., Brown, M.S., Goldstein, J.L., and Hammer, R.E. Science 1988 239 1277-1281
- Expression of human growth hormone-releasing factor in transgenic mice results in increased somatic growth.
- Hammer, R.E., Brinster, R.L., Rosenfeld, M.G., Evans, R.M., and Mayo, K.E. Nature 1985 315 413-416
- Partial correction of murine hereditary growth disorder by germ-line incorporation of a new gene.
- Hammer, R.E., Palmiter, R.D., and Brinster, R.L. Nature 1984 311 65-67
- Dramatic growth of mice that develop from eggs microinjected with metallothionein-growth hormone fusion genes.
- Palmiter, R.D., Brinster, R.L., Hammer, R.E., Trumbauer, M.E., Rosenfeld, M.G., Birnberg, N.C., and Evans, R.M. Nature 1982 300 611-615
- Overexpression of Insig-1 in the livers of transgenic mice inhibits SREBP processing and reduces insulin-stimulated lipogenesis
- Engelking, L.J., Kuriyama, H, Hammer, R.E., Horton, J. D., Brown, M.S.,Goldstein, J. L. and Liang, G J. Clinical Investigation Spring 2004 113 1168-75
- Overexpression of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1a in mouse adipose tissue produces adipocyte hypertrophy, increased fatty acid secretion, and fatty liver
- Horton, J. D., Shiomorura, I., Ikemoto, S.,Bashmakov, Y., and Hammer, R.E. J. Biological Chemistry 2003 278 36652-60
- Induction of hepatocyte proliferation and death by modulation of T-Antigen expression.
- Comerford, S.A., Clouthier, D.E., Hinnant, E., and Hammer, R.E. Oncogene 2003 22 2515-2530
- Regualtion of cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene expression in adipocytes
- Beale, E.G., Forest, C., and Hammer, R.E. Biochimie 2003 85 1207-11
- Hepatic fibrosis, glomerulosclerosis, and a lipodystrophy-like syndrome in PEPCK-TGF-beta1 transgenic mice.
- Clouthier, D.E., Comerford, S.A., and Hammer, R.E. J. Clin. Invest. 1997 100 2697-2713
Honors & Awards
- Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME
Scientific Advisory Bard of Induced Mutant Resource (1996)
- State Capital of Wiesbaden, Germany
Carol-Nachman Prize in Rheumatology (1992)
- USDA Unit Award for Distinguished Service
Application of Gene Transfer to Farm Animals (1989)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine
NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship (1983)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society of Cell Biology
- Society for Developmental Biology