Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Clinical interests include Oncology Rehabilitation, Stroke Rehabilitation, and General Rehabilitation.
|Medical School||Creighton University School of Medicine (2007)|
|Residency||Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center (2011), Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation|
|Internship||Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center (2011), Transitional Year|
- Degenerative Arthritis Conditions (Inflammatory, Osteoarthritis, & Rheumatoid)
- Osteoarthritis (Localized or Primary)
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Non-Surgical Treatment Options
- Medical Management
- Physical Therapy Evaluations
Rehabilitation for Functional Limitations
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- General Debility
- Parkinson's Disease
- The role and efficacy of exercise in persons with cancer.
- Eickmeyer SM, Gamble GL, Shahpar S, Do KD PM R 2012 Nov 4 11 874-81
- Rehabilitation in Head and Neck Cancer
- Eickmeyer SM, Barker KD Federal Practitioner 2014 31, suppl 3 30S-33S
- The effect of protein and calorie intake on prealbumin, complications, length of stay, and function in the acute rehabilitation inpatient with stroke.
- Pellicane AJ, Millis SR, Do KD, Temme KE, Sayyad A, Oswald MC, Roth EJ NeuroRehabilitation 2013 Aug
- North American Medical Schools' Experience With and Approaches to the Needs of Students With Physical and Sensory Disabilities.
- Eickmeyer SM, Do KD, Kirschner KL, Curry RH Academic medicine : journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges 2012 May 87 5 567-573
Honors & Awards
- Walter E. Heller Award (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago)
Chief Resident (2010)
- Outstanding Resident/InternTeaching Award (Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine)
Internal Medicine (2007)
- Texas Medical Association (2013)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (2007)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists (2007)