Dr. Grishin is HHMI Investigator and Professor of Biochemistry at UT Southwestern. Born and educated in Russia, he received a Diplom (the Russian equivalent of a master’s degree) in biochemistry from the Moscow State University. His doctoral research in molecular biophysics was done with Margaret Phillips at UT Southwestern. After a postdoctoral year with Eugene Koonin at the National Institutes of Health, he joined the faculty at UT Southwestern.
|Graduate School||Moscow State University - Russia (1993)|
|Graduate School||University of Texas Southwestern Med Ctr Dallas (1998)|
- We study proteins by means of computational methods
- PROMALS: towards accurate multiple sequence alignments of distantly related proteins.
- Pei J, Grishin NV. Bioinformatics January 2007 23(7) 802-808
- Protein structure prediction for the male-specific region of the human Y chromosome.
- Ginalski K, Rychlewski L, Baker D, Grishin NV. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A February 2004 101(8) 2305-2310
- COMPASS: a tool for comparison of multiple protein alignments with assessment of statistical significance.
- Sadreyev R, Grishin NV J Mol Biol February 2003 326(1) 317-336
- Sequence and structure classification of kinases.
- Cheek S, Zhang H, Grishin NV. J Mol Biol July 2002 320(4) 855-881
- Fold change in evolution of protein structures.
- Grishin, N.V. J. Struct. Biol. 2001 134 167-185
- A comprehensive system for evaluation of remote sequence similarity detection
- Qi Y, Sadreyev RI, Wang Y, Kim BH, Grishin NV. BMC Bioinformatics August 2007 8(1) 314
- Searching for three-dimensional secondary structural patterns in proteins with ProSMoS.
- Shi S, Zhong Y, Majumdar I, Sri Krishna S, Grishin NV. Bioinformatics June 2007 23(11) 1331-1338
- COMPASS server for remote homology inference
- Sadreyev RI, Tang M, Kim BH, Grishin NV. Nucleic Acids Res May 2007 35(Web Server issue) W653
- MUMMALS: multiple sequence alignment improved by using hidden Markov models with local structural information.
- Pei J, Grishin NV. Nucleic Acids Res August 2006 34(16) 4364-4374
- Structural classification of small, disulfide-rich protein domains.
- Cheek S, Krishna SS, Grishin NV. J Mol Biol. May 2006 359(1) 215-237
Honors & Awards
- Finn World Travel Award
to attend 12th Symposium of the Protein Society (1998)
- UT Southwestern Graduate School
Nominata Award (1998)
- Department of Pharmacology
A.G. Gilman award for excellence in research (1997)
- GSO Travel Award
to attend XVII Congress of Intl. Union of Crystallography (1996)