- Medical School
- Texas Tech University (1987)
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1988), Internal Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University (1992), Anesthesiology
- Intraoperative Echocardiography
- Patient Safety and Clinical Integration
- Perioperative Population Health
- Transfusion Medicine and Patient Blood Management
- Effects of Red Cell Storage Duration in Cardiac Surgery Patients
- Steiner, ME Ness P, Assmann, SF, Triulzi, DJ, Sloan, SR, Delaney M, Granger S, Bennett-Guerrero E, Blajchman MA, Scavo V, Carson JL, Levy JH, Whitman G, D'Andrea P, Pulkrabek S, Ortel TL, Bornikova L, Raife T, Puca, KE, Kaufman, RM, Nuttall GA, Young PP, Youssef S, Engelman R, Greilich PE et al. N Engl J Med 2015 372 1419-1429
- Protocol adherence when managing massive bleeding following complex cardiac surgery: a study design pilot.
- Greilich PE, Edson E, Rutland L, Jessen ME, Key NS, Levy JH, Faraday N, Steiner ME. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2015 29 303-310
- Effect of epsilon-aminocaproic acid and aprotinin on fibrinolysis and blood loss in patients undergoing primary, isolated coronary artery bypass grafting: A Placebo-controlled non-inferiority trial.
- Greilich PE, Jessen ME, Satyanarayana N, Whitten CW, Nuttall G, Beckham JM, Wall MH. Anesth Analg 2009 109 15-24
- Monocyte activation in on-pump versus off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery
- Greilich PE, Brouse CF, Rinder HR, Jessen ME, Rinder CS, Eberhart RC, Whitten CW, Smith BR. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2008 22 361-368
- Antifibrinolytic Therapy During Cardiopulmonary Bypass Reduces Proinflammatory Cytokine Levels: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid and Aprotinin.
- Greilich PE, Brouse CF, Whitten CW, Chi L, DiMaio JM, Jessen ME. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2003 126 1498-1503
- Reductions in platelet contractile force correlates with duration of cardiopulmonary bypass and blood loss in patients undergoing cardiac surgery
- Greilich PE, Brouse C, Beckham J, et al. Thrombosis Research Fall 2002 105 523-529
- Point of care testing for prothrombin, but not activated thromboplastin time, correlates with laboratory methods in patients receiving antifibrinolytic agents while undergoing cardiac surgery
- Choi TK, Greilich PE, Shi C, et al. American Journal of Clinical Pathology Summer 2002 117 74-78
- Ultra-purified polymerized hemoglobin solution as a replacement for allogenic red blood cell transfusion after cardiac surgery: Results of a double-blind trial.
- Levy JH, Goodnough LT, Greilich PE et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2002 124 35-42
- Aprotinin but not episilon aminocaproic acid decreases interleukin 10 after cadiac surgery with extracorporeal circulation.
- Greilich PE, Okada K, Latham P, et al. Circulation 2001 104: (suppl I) I-265-269
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, Clinical Safety & Effectiveness, University of Texas Heathcare System
Elected based on contributions made to improving clinical safety and effectiveness at UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014)
- Fellow, American Society of Echocardiography (FASE)
Elected based on contributions to intraoperative echocardiography education and service (2007)
- Fellow, American Heart Association (FAHA)
Elected based on contributions to cardiovascular medicine (2002)
- Association of University Anesthesiologists
Elected based on contribution to academic medicine (2001)
- Texas Medical Association (2000)
- American Society of Echocardiography (1998)
- American Heart Association (1995)
- American Medical Association (1995)
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists (1992)
- American Society of Anesthesiology (1989)