Collin S. Goto, M.D., is a specialist in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, serving as Attending Physician in the Pediatric Emergency Center at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, and Attending Toxicologist at the North Texas Poison Center, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas. He graduated from the University of Hawaii with a degree in Medicine in 1990. Dr. Goto completed his residency at the John A. Burns School of Medicine and Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children in Honolulu, Hawaii. He then went on to complete fellowships in both Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Toxicolgy in Dallas, Texas through the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
- Medical School
- University of Hawaii (1990)
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women (1991), Pediatrics
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women (1993), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1996), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1999), Medical Toxicology
- Cluster of Acute Toxicity from Ingestion of Synthetic Cannabinoid-Laced Brownies.
- Obafemi AI, Kleinschmidt K, Goto C, Fout D J Med Toxicol 2015 May
- Cheese: an old drug in a new wrapper.
- Maxwell JC, Coleman JJ, Feng SY, Goto CS, Tirado CF Drug Alcohol Depend 2012 Nov 126 1-2 161-7
- Safety and efficacy of milk and molasses enemas compared with sodium phosphate enemas for the treatment of constipation in a pediatric emergency department.
- Hansen SE, Whitehill JL, Goto CS, Quintero CA, Darling BE, Davis J Pediatr Emerg Care 2011 Dec 27 12 1118-20
- Dangerous Drug Interactions
- Velez LI, Feng SY, Goto CS, Benitez FL Emergency Medicine Reports 2011 Sep 32 249-260
- A pilot pharmacokinetic study of tricyclic antidepressant ovine Fab for TCA poisoning in children.
- Yalindag-Oztürk N, Goto CS, Shepherd G, Torres ON, Giroir B Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2010 Jun 48 5 418-23
- Crotalidae polyvalent immune Fab for the treatment of pediatric crotaline envenomation.
- Goto CS, Feng SY Pediatr Emerg Care 2009 Apr 25 4 273-9; quiz 280-2
- How to prevent harmful drug interactions
- Goto CS, Feng SY, Wiebe RA Emergency Medicine 2008 Dec 40 12
- Hymenoptera Envenomation: Bees, Wasps, And Ants
- Feng SY, Goto CS Pediatric Emergency Medicine Practice 2008 Jun 5 6
- Rattlesnake envenomation with neurotoxicity refractory to treatment with crotaline Fab antivenom.
- Richardson WH, Goto CS, Gutglass DJ, Williams SR, Clark RF Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2007 Jun-Aug 45 5 472-5
- Bites and Stings - Snakes, Spiders and Scorpions in the United States
- Feng SY, Goto CS Pediatric Emergency Medicine Practice 2007 May 4 5
Toxic Ingestions & Exposures. In LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Pediatric Emergency Medicine, C. Stone, R. Humphries, D. Drigalla, M. Stephan, eds.
Feng SY, Goto CS (2015). McGraw-Hill Education
Corrosive and Chemical Burns. In Harwood-Nuss' Clinical Practice of Emergency Medicine, 5th edition, A. Wolfson, G. Hendey, L. Ling, C. Rosen, J. Schaider, G. Sharieff, eds.
Velez LI, Goto CS (2009). Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Hydrocarbons. In Poisoning & Drug Overdose, 5th edition, K. Olson, ed.
Goto CS (2007). McGraw-Hill
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Apparent Life-Threatening Event. In Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts, 2nd edition, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, R. Schafermeyer, R. Wiebe, H. Prendergast, V. Dobiesz, eds.
Feng SY, Goto CS (2011). McGraw-Hill
Toxic Ingestions and Exposures. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 22nd edition, C. Rudolph, A. Rudolph, G. Lister, A. Gershon, eds.
Feng S, Goto CS, Baker MD (2011). McGraw-Hill
Heavy Metal Poisoning. In Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 17th edition, W. Nelson
Goto, CS (2003). Philadelphia, Saunders Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Instructor Award
Navy Emergency Medicine (2001)
- Outstanding Teacher Award
St. Paul Hospital Teaching Award (1996)
- American College of Medical Toxicology (2007)
- Dallas City Commissioner's Task Force on Heroin Addiction (2007)
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Children's Medical Center of Dallas (2007)
- Abstract Review Committee for North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology (2003-2004)
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Children's Hospital and Health Center, San Deigo (2003-2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine Section (1996)