Dr. Robyn Bao Puente is a pediatric cardiac intensivist who spends her clinical time divided among the cardiac ICU and general pediatric ICU, as well as outpatient cardiology clinic. She graduated from Washington University School of Medicine in 2008. Following her general pediatric training at Saint Louis Children’s Hospital, she completed fellowship training in both Pediatric Critical Care and Pediatric Cardiology at University of Texas Southwestern. Dr. Puente joined University of Texas Southwestern as an assistant professor of Pediatrics in 2016.
- Medical School
- Washington University (2008), Medicine
- Myocardial dysfunction and recovery in pediatric patient with heart failure
- Redox Signaling in Cardiac Renewal.
- Kimura W, Muralidhar S, Canseco D, Puente B, Zhang C, Xiao F, Abderrahman Y, Sadek H Antioxid. Redox Signal. 2014 Jul
- The oxygen-rich postnatal environment induces cardiomyocyte cell-cycle arrest through DNA damage response.
- Puente BN, Kimura W, Muralidhar SA, Moon J, Amatruda JF, Phelps KL, Grinsfelder D, Rothermel BA, Chen R, Garcia JA, Santos CX, Thet S, Mori E, Kinter MT, Rindler PM, Zacchigna S, Mukherjee S, Chen DJ, Mahmoud AI, Giacca M, Rabinovitch PS, Aroumougame A, Shah AM, Szweda LI, Sadek HA Cell 2014 Apr 157 3 565-79
- Proinflammatory fecal mRNA and childhood bacterial enteric infections.
- Bennett WE, González-Rivera R, Puente BN, Shaikh N, Stevens HJ, Mooney JC, Klein EJ, Denno DM, Draghi A, Sylvester FA, Tarr PI Gut Microbes 2010 7 1 4 209-212
Honors & Awards
- Regis University A.W. Forstall S.J. Award
Outstanding student in the natural sciences (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Society of Critical Care Medicine