Dr. Lenkinski is a chemist by training. He received his B.Sc. from the University of Toronto in 1968. He completed his Ph.D. in Chemistry in 1973 at the University of Houston. Dr. Lenkinski was a postdoctoral fellow in the Isotope Department at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, from 1973-1975.
- University of Toronto - Canada (1968), Chemistry
- Graduate School
- University of Houston-System Administration (1973), Chemistry
- One of Dr. Lenkinski's major research interests is in clinical applications of in vivo Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy. Dr Lenkinski is also developing in vivo multinuclear MR imaging methods, primarily Na-23. A more recent area of interest has been molecular imaging. This new area involves the development of novel MR and optical based imaging contrast agents.
- High-resolution computed tomography of single breast cancer microcalcifications in vivo.
- Inoue K, Liu F, Hoppin J, Lunsford EP, Lackas C, Hesterman J, Lenkinski RE, Fujii H, Frangioni JV Mol Imaging 2011 Aug 10 4 295-304
- Accurate prostate volume estimation using multifeature active shape models on T2-weighted MRI.
- Toth R, Bloch BN, Genega EM, Rofsky NM, Lenkinski RE, Rosen MA, Kalyanpur A, Pungavkar S, Madabhushi A Acad Radiol 2011 Jun 18 6 745-54
- Impact of nonrigid motion correction technique on pixel-wise pharmacokinetic analysis of free-breathing pulmonary dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging.
- Tokuda J, Mamata H, Gill RR, Hata N, Kikinis R, Padera RF, Lenkinski RE, Sugarbaker DJ, Hatabu H J Magn Reson Imaging 2011 Apr 33 4 968-73
- Perfusion imaging with a freely diffusible hyperpolarized contrast agent.
- Grant AK, Vinogradov E, Wang X, Lenkinski RE, Alsop DC Magnetic resonance in medicine : official journal of the Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine / Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 2011 Mar 746-55
- Determining histology-MRI slice correspondences for defining MRI-based disease signatures of prostate cancer.
- Xiao G, Bloch BN, Chappelow J, Genega EM, Rofsky NM, Lenkinski RE, Tomaszewski J, Feldman MD, Rosen M, Madabhushi A Computerized medical imaging and graphics : the official journal of the Computerized Medical Imaging Society 2011 Jan 568-78
- CEST and PARACEST MR contrast agents.
- Hancu I, Dixon WT, Woods M, Vinogradov E, Sherry AD, Lenkinski RE Acta Radiol 2010 Oct 51 8 910-23
- A dose- and time-controllable syngeneic animal model of breast cancer microcalcification.
- Liu F, Misra P, Lunsford EP, Vannah JT, Liu Y, Lenkinski RE, Frangioni JV Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2010 Jul 122 1 87-94
- Principal component analysis of dynamic contrast enhanced MRI in human prostate cancer.
- Eyal E, Bloch BN, Rofsky NM, Furman-Haran E, Genega EM, Lenkinski RE, Degani H Invest Radiol 2010 Apr 45 4 174-81
- A concentration-independent method to measure exchange rates in PARACEST agents.
- Dixon WT, Ren J, Lubag AJ, Ratnakar J, Vinogradov E, Hancu I, Lenkinski RE, Sherry AD Magn Reson Med 2010 Mar 63 3 625-32
- A multislice gradient echo pulse sequence for CEST imaging.
- Dixon WT, Hancu I, Ratnakar SJ, Sherry AD, Lenkinski RE, Alsop DC Magn Reson Med 2010 Jan 63 1 253-6
Honors & Awards
- CPRIT Cancer Scholar in Residence
Missing Link Award (2011)
- Luigi Mastroianni Clinical Innovator Award, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
Award for the construction of the endo-rectal MR coil for prostate imaging (1999)
- Fellow, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 1997
Outstanding Scientific Contributions to Magnetic Resonance (1997)
- Member Sigma Xi
Honorary Scientific Organization (1971)