Dr. Patel completed her Gastroenterology fellowship at UT Southwestern. She received her initial medical training at Northwestern University in Chicago, IL and completed a Women’s Health track to provide specialized care to female patients. She was born in New York and raised in Florida, where she completed her medical education at the University of Miami. Dr. Patel brings to UTSW a strong background in general gastroenterology with particular focus on women’s GI Health. She holds particular interest in colon cancer prevention, pelvic floor disorders, nutrition and weight loss, and inflammatory bowel disease. Her clinical practice emphasizes patient-centered care. Dr. Patel’s interests outside of medicine include traveling, cooking, reading, and exercise.
- Medical School
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2008)
- Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases
- Identifying predictors of physician non-adherence to guildeline recommendations after colonoscopy.
Honors & Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
University of Miami (2004)
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2014)
- American College of Gastroenterology (2012)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2011)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2010)
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (2008)
- American College of Physicians (2007)