- Medical School
- University of Illinois College of Medicine (1996)
- University of Chicago (1999), Pediatrics
- Medical College of Wisconsin (2002), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- The Medical College of Wisconsin (2006)
- Adapting new and existing technology for use in the ED
- Clinical decision rules
- Disaster medicine and trauma
- EMS and pre-hospital care
- Perepheral vascular access
- Management of children with solid organ injuries after blunt torso trauma.
- Wisner DH, Kuppermann N, Cooper A, Menaker J, Ehrlich P, Kooistra J, Mahajan P, Lee L, Cook LJ, Yen K, Lillis K, Holmes JF J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015 Aug 79 2 206-14
- Comparison of Clinician Suspicion Versus a Clinical Prediction Rule in Identifying Children at Risk for Intra-abdominal Injuries After Blunt Torso Trauma.
- Mahajan P, Kuppermann N, Tunik M, Yen K, Atabaki SM, Lee LK, Ellison AM, Bonsu BK, Olsen CS, Cook L, Kwok MY, Lillis K, Holmes JF Acad Emerg Med 2015 Aug
- Sensitivity of Plain Pelvis Radiography in Children With Blunt Torso Trauma.
- Kwok MY, Yen K, Atabaki S, Adelgais K, Garcia M, Quayle K, Kooistra J, Bonsu BK, Page K, Borgialli D, Kuppermann N, Holmes JF Ann Emerg Med 2014 Jul
- Interobserver agreement in the clinical assessment of children with blunt abdominal trauma.
- Yen K, Kuppermann N, Lillis K, Monroe D, Borgialli D, Kerrey BT, Sokolove PE, Ellison AM, Cook LJ, Holmes JF Acad Emerg Med 2013 May 20 5 426-32
- New biomedical devices that use near-infrared technology to assist with phlebotomy and vascular access.
- Yen K, Gorelick MH Pediatr Emerg Care 2013 Mar 29 3 383-5
- Identifying Children at Very Low Risk of Clinically Important Blunt Abdominal Injuries.
- Holmes JF, Lillis K, Monroe D, Borgialli D, Kerrey BT, Mahajan P, Adelgais K, Ellison AM, Yen K, Atabaki S, Menaker J, Bonsu B, Quayle KS, Garcia M, Rogers A, Blumberg S, Lee L, Tunik M, Kooistra J, Kwok M, Cook LJ, Dean JM, Sokolove PE, Wisner DH, Ehrlich P, Cooper A, Dayan PS, Wootton-Gorges S, Kuppermann N Ann Emerg Med 2013 Jan
- Validation and refinement of the difficult intravenous access score: a clinical prediction rule for identifying children with difficult intravenous access.
- Riker MW, Kennedy C, Winfrey BS, Yen K, Dowd MD Acad Emerg Med 2011 Nov 18 11 1129-34
- Peripheral difficult venous access in children.
- Rauch D, Dowd D, Eldridge D, Mace S, Schears G, Yen K Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2009 Nov 48 9
- Evaluation of temporal artery thermometry in children 3-36 months old.
- Holzhauer JK, Reith V, Sawin KJ, Yen K J Spec Pediatr Nurs 2009 Oct 14 4
- Store-and-forward teledermatology versus in-person visits: a comparison in pediatric teledermatology clinic.
- Heffner VA, Lyon VB, Brousseau DC, Holland KE, Yen K J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2009 Jun 60 6
Use of Monitoring Devices. In King C, Henretig F, King B, Loiselle J, Ruddy R, Wiley J, eds. Textbook of Pediatric Emergency Procedures. 2nd ed.
Yen K, Gorelick MH. (2008). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Gynecologic Emergencies. In Stone CK, Humphries R, Drigalla D, Stephan M, eds. LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Yen K, Haug J. (2015). McGraw-Hill Education; 492-521.
Honors & Awards
- Citation for Distinguished Service Rendered
American Academy of Pediatrics, Section of Epidemiology (2006)
- Ken Graff Young Investigator Award
American Academy of Pediatrics (2006)
- Ambulatory Pediatric Association Fellow Award
Pediatric Academic Society (2001)
- Best Fellow Research Presentation
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin (2001)
- Ludwig Seidel Award
Ambulatory Pediatric Association (2001)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2010-2012)
- National Association of EMS Physicians (2008-2012)
- Ambulatory Pediatric Association (2001)
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (2001-2002)
- American Medical Association (1992-2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)