- Medical School
- Karnatak University (1990)
- VM Medical College, India (1993), Pediatrics
- LSU Health Sciences Center - Shreveport (2007), Pediatrics
- Louisiana State University Medical Center (2010), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Nasap CPAP: Optimal delivery systems and weaning strategies in extremely low birth weight infants
- New tools in improving informed decision making in the NICU
- Another case of genitopatellar syndrome: a case report with additional rare coexistences.
- Sankararaman S, Kurepa D, Velayuthan S, Kakkilaya V, Gates T, Ursin S, Chen H Clin. Dysmorphol. 2012 Aug
- Elevated Acetoacetate and Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-1 Levels in Cord Blood of Infants of Diabetic Mothers.
- Kurepa D, Pramanik AK, Kakkilaya V, Caldito G, Groome LJ, Bocchini JA, Jain SK Neonatology 2012 Jul 102 3 163-168
- Use of a Visual Aid to Improve Counseling at the Threshold of Viability.
- Kakkilaya V, Groome LJ, Platt D, Kurepa D, Pramanik A, Caldito G, Conrad L, Bocchini JA, Davis TC Pediatrics 2011 Nov
- Effect of placental transfusion on the blood volume and clinical outcome of infants born by cesarean section.
- Kakkilaya V, Pramanik AK, Ibrahim H, Hussein S Clin Perinatol 2008 Sep 35 3 561-70, xi
Honors & Awards
- Abbott Nutrition Award in Research
Young Investigator Award Finalist (2010)
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics (2010)
- Member of Royal college of Physicians (1997)