Laryngology, Neurolaryngology and Professional Voice
Lesley French Childs, MD serves as Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and a Laryngologist in the Clinical Center for Voice Care. She grew up in Austin, Texas and received her undergraduate degree from Yale University. Dr. Childs completed medical school and her residency training at Vanderbilt University in Nashville. She finished a fellowship in Laryngology and Neurolaryngology at Columbia and Cornell Universities in New York City. A classically trained soprano, Dr. Childs has experience singing in various professional chamber ensembles as well as recording for Walt Disney Records.
- Medical School
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2005)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2010), Otolaryngology
- The New York Center for Voice & Swallow Disorders (2011), Laryngology
- Laryngeal manifestations of relapsing polychondritis and a novel treatment option.
- Childs LF, Rickert S, Wengerman OC, Lebovics R, Blitzer A J Voice 2012 Sep 26 5 587-9
- Laryngeal electromyography for prognosis of vocal fold palsy: a meta-analysis.
- Rickert SM, Childs LF, Carey BT, Murry T, Sulica L Laryngoscope 2012 Jan 122 1 158-61
- Patient perceptions of factors leading to spasmodic dysphonia: a combined clinical experience of 350 patients.
- Childs L, Rickert S, Murry T, Blitzer A, Sulica L Laryngoscope 2011 Oct 121 10 2195-8
- Model of evoked rabbit phonation.
- Ge PJ, French LC, Ohno T, Zealear DL, Rousseau B Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2009 Jan 118 1 51-5
- Effect of hepatocyte growth factor on gene expression of extracellular matrix during wound healing of the injured rat vocal fold.
- Ohno T, French LC, Hirano S, Ossoff RH, Rousseau B Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2008 Sep 117 9 696-702
- Extracellular matrix gene expression after vocal fold injury in a rabbit model.
- Rousseau B, Ge PJ, Ohno T, French LC, Thibeault SL Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2008 Aug 117 8 598-603
- Experimentally induced phonation increases matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene expression in normal rabbit vocal fold.
- Rousseau B, Ge P, French LC, Zealear DL, Thibeault SL, Ossoff RH Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2008 Jan 138 1 62-8
- An estimate of the number of mastoidectomy procedures performed annually in the United States.
- French LC, Dietrich MS, Labadie RF Ear Nose Throat J 2008 May 87 5 267-70
- Tracheotomy in the preschool population: indications and outcomes.
- French LC, Wootten CT, Thomas RG, Neblett WW, Werkhaven JA, Cofer SA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2007 Aug 137 2 280-3
- Tracheotomy in the first year of life: outcomes in term infants, the Vanderbilt experience.
- Wootten CT, French LC, Thomas RG, Neblett WW, Werkhaven JA, Cofer SA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2006 Mar 134 3 365-9
- American Choral Directors Association (2012)
- Dallas Academy of Otolaryngology (2011)
- Texas Medical Association (2011)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery (2005)