Dr. Fernandez was born in Brownsville, Texas. He attended the University of Texas at Austin and graduated with a BBA. He then attended the Southwestern Medical School in Dallas in 1988, and completed internship and residency at Children's Medical Center of Dallas. He joined the Clinical Pediatric Associates in 1991, and also became Camp Director of Camp Sweeney, a residential camp for children with diabetes also in 1991.
|Undergraduate||University of Texas at Austin , Business Administration|
|Medical School||University of Texas Southwestern Med Ctr Dallas (1988)|
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Juvenile Diabetic Foundation, Board Member
- Medical Executive Committee Member, Children's Medical Center of Dallas
- President, Physicians for Children Foundation