Dr. Wu was trained as a chemist at Dalian University of Technology in China (2002-2007) with research projects focused on fluorescent sensing and imaging. Then he joined Prof. A. Dean Sherry's group at UT Dallas as a postdoc researcher to develop polymeric and responsive PARACEST agents for MR imaging. At late 2010, he moved to UT Southwestern Medical Center. Currently, Dr. Wu is focusing his research on the design and synthesis of new targeting or responsive agents for molecular imaging of cancer with positron emission tomography (PET) and MRI.
|Undergraduate||Jilin Institute of Chemical Technology - China (2002), Chemistry|
|Graduate School||Dalian University of Technology - China (2004), Chemistry|
|Graduate School||Dalian University of Technology - China (2007), Chemistry|
- Development of optical imaging agents
- Development of responsive MRI contrast agents
- Development of targeted dual-modality MRI/PET contrast agents
- In vivo imaging of hypoxia with MRI and PET
- In vivo imaging of pH with CEST and T2-based MRI contrast agents
- The importance of water exchange rates in the design of responsive agents for MRI.
- Sherry AD, Wu Y Curr Opin Chem Biol 2013 Jan
- Polymeric PARACEST MRI contrast agents as potential reporters for gene therapy.
- Wu Y, Carney CE, Denton M, Hart E, Zhao P, Streblow DN, Sherry AD, Woods M Org. Biomol. Chem. 2010 Dec 8 23 5333-8
- A responsive europium(III) chelate that provides a direct readout of pH by MRI
- Wu Y, Soesbe TC, Kiefer GE, Zhao P, Sherry AD. J Am Chem Soc. 2010 132 40 14002-14003
- Polymeric PARACEST agents for enhancing MRI contrast sensitivity
- Wu Y, Zhou Y, Ouari O, Woods M, Zhao P, Soesbe TC, Kiefer GE, Sherry AD. J Am Chem Soc. 2008 130 42 13854-13855
- Fluorescence sensing of anions based on inhibition of excited-state intramolecular proton transfer.
- Wu Y, Peng X, Fan J, Gao S, Tian M, Zhao J, Sun S J. Org. Chem. 2007 Jan 72 1 62-70
- Boron dipyrromethene fluorophore based fluorescence sensor for the selective imaging of Zn(II) in living cells.
- Wu Y, Peng X, Guo B, Fan J, Zhang Z, Wang J, Cui A, Gao Y Org. Biomol. Chem. 2005 Apr 3 8 1387-92
- A europium(iii)-based PARACEST agent for sensing singlet oxygen by MRI.
- Song B, Wu Y, Yu M, Zhao P, Zhou C, Kiefer GE, Sherry AD Dalton Trans 2013 Apr
- Advantages of paramagnetic chemical exchange saturation transfer (CEST) complexes having slow to intermediate water exchange properties as responsive MRI agents.
- Soesbe TC, Wu Y, Dean Sherry A NMR Biomed 2012 Oct
- The pH sensitivity of -NH exchange in LnDOTA-tetraamide complexes varies with amide substituent.
- Opina AC, Wu Y, Zhao P, Kiefer G, Sherry AD Contrast Media Mol Imaging 2011 Nov-Dec 6 6 459-64
- Multifunctional Polymeric Scaffolds for Enhancement of PARACEST Contrast Sensitivity and Performance: The Effects of Random Copolymer Variations.
- Wu Y, Zhao P, Kiefer GE, Sherry AD Macromolecules 2010 Aug 43 16 6616-6624
Molecular Imaging and Cancer Management: PET and MR Agents for Molecular Imaging of Cancer Metabolism. In Principles of Molecular Diagnostics and Personalized Cancer Medicine
Yunkou Wu, Xiankai Sun, and A. Dean Sherry. (2012). Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Honors & Awards
- Achievement award for technology commercialization from The University of Texas at
- Editorial Board of Cancer and Oncology Research (2013)
- Editorial Board of Frontiers in Inorganic Chemistry (Review Editor) (2013)
- Editorial Board of Journal of Analytical & Molecular Techniques (2013)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (2012)
- World Molecular Imaging Society (2012)