Dr. Lopez did her residency in Pediatrics at the University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, and her fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
She has performed research in the area of type 2 diabetes and obesity in adults and pediatrics and has participated in several multicenter clinical trials with new drugs for type 2 diabetes.
She is currently the Medical Director for the GENder, Education and Care Interdisciplinary Support (GENECIS) program, which provides mental health and endocrine care for gender non-conforming children and adolescents.
|Medical School||Universidad La Salle/Facuitad de Medicina (2000)|
|Residency||University of Illinois at Chicago (2005), Pediatrics|
|Fellowship||Massachusetts General Hospital (2008), Pediatric Endocrinology|
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
- Gender dysphoria in children and adolescents.
- Metabolic effects of endocrine therapy in adolescents with gender dysphoria.
- Obesity in childhood.
- Type 2 diabetes in pediatrics.
- Impact of GLP-1 and GLP-1 Receptor Agonists on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Type 2 diabetes
- Verge D, Lopez X Curr Diabetes Rev April 2010
- Insulin Enhances Glucose-Stimulated Insulin Secretion in Healthy Humans
- Bouche C*, Lopez X*, Fleischman A, Cypess AM, O?Shea S, Stefanoviski D, Bergman RN, Rogatsky E, Stein DT, Kulkarni RN, Kahn CR, Goldfine AB Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A March 2010 107(10) 4770-5
- Family History of Diabetes Impacts on Interactions between Minimal Model Estimates of Insulin Sensitivity and Glucose Effectiveness
- Lopez X, Bouche C, Tatro E, Goldfine AB Diabetes Obes Metab February 2009 11(2) 123-30
- Human Insulin Analog Induced Lipoatrophy
- Lopez, X, Castells M, Velazquez EF, Ricker A, Lin D, Mun E, Goldfine AB Diabetes Care March 2008 31(3) 442-4
- Hypoglycemia in Children (chapter)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Nutrition Handbook 6th ed Lopez X, Levitsky LL 2007
Honors & Awards
- Graduation with honors from medical school
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) (2014)
- Pediatric Endocrine Society (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2002)