|Undergraduate||Houston Baptist University (1989)|
|Graduate School||University of Texas Southwestern Med Ctr Dallas (1996)|
- Cytokine gene regulation
- Cytokine signaling
- Host/pathogen interactions
- Mechanisms of atopic diseases
- T cell development
- IL-12 selectively programs effector pathways that are stably expressed in human CD8+ effector memory T cells in vivo.
- Chowdhury FZ, Ramos HJ, Davis LS, Forman J, Farrar JD Blood 2011 Oct 118 14 3890-900
- Reciprocal responsiveness to interleukin-12 and interferon-alpha specifies human CD8+ effector versus central memory T-cell fates.
- Ramos HJ, Davis AM, Cole AG, Schatzle JD, Forman J, Farrar JD Blood 2009 May 113 22 5516-25
- IgE cross-linking critically impairs human monocyte function by blocking phagocytosis.
- Pyle DM, Yang VS, Gruchalla RS, Farrar JD, Gill MA J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2013 Feb 131 2 491-500.e5
- Regulation of effector and memory T-cell functions by type I interferon.
- Huber JP, Farrar JD Immunology 2011 Apr 132 4 466-74
- Cutting edge: a T-bet-independent role for IFN-alpha/beta in regulating IL-2 secretion in human CD4+ central memory T cells.
- Davis AM, Ramos HJ, Davis LS, Farrar JD J. Immunol. 2008 Dec 181 12 8204-8
- Blockade of virus infection by human CD4+ T cells via a cytokine relay network.
- Davis AM, Hagan KA, Matthews LA, Bajwa G, Gill MA, Gale M, Farrar JD J. Immunol. 2008 May 180 10 6923-32
- Pre-assembly of STAT4 with the human IFN-alpha/beta receptor-2 subunit is mediated by the STAT4 N-domain.
- Tyler DR, Persky ME, Matthews LA, Chan S, Farrar JD Mol. Immunol. 2007 Mar 44 8 1864-72
- IL-12, but not IFN-alpha, promotes STAT4 activation and Th1 development in murine CD4+ T cells expressing a chimeric murine/human Stat2 gene.
- Persky ME, Murphy KM, Farrar JD J. Immunol. 2005 Jan 174 1 294-301
- Cancer dormancy. VII. A regulatory role for CD8+ T cells and IFN-gamma in establishing and maintaining the tumor-dormant state.
- Farrar JD, Katz KH, Windsor J, Thrush G, Scheuermann RH, Uhr JW, Street NE J. Immunol. 1999 Mar 162 5 2842-9
Honors & Awards
- Minority Mentor-Trainee Award
American Association of Immunologists (2006)
- Junior Faculty Travel Award
American Association of Immunologists (2005)
- Special Fellow Award
The Leukemia Society of America (2001)
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) (2010)
- American Association of Immunologists (2001)