|Medical School||Tufts University School of Medicine (1974)|
|Internship||University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers (1975), Pediatrics|
|Residency||University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers (1978), Pediatrics|
|Fellowship||Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1980), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine|
- Bilirubin Metabolism
- Neonatal Pneumonia
- Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia
- Neonatal Pneumonia
- Acute changes in PaCO2 and acid-base status and early neurologic characteristics in term infants following perinatal asphyxia.
- Engle WD, Laptook AR and Perlman JM Resuscitation 1999 42 11-17
- Arginine vasopressin in the neonatal period: Pattern of urinary excretion in critically-ill neonates.
- Wiriyathian S, Rosenfeld CR, Arant BS, Jr, Porter JC, and Engle WD Pediatr. Res. 1986 20 103-108
- Neutropenia in high-risk neonates.
- Engle WD, and Rosenfeld CR J. Pediatric 1984 105 982-986
- Renal handling of beta-2-microglobulin in the human neonate.
- Engle WD, and Arant BS, Jr Kidney International 1983 24 358-363
- Capillary Refill Time is an Unreliable Indicator of Cardiovascular Status in Term Neonates.
- JL LeFlore, WD Engle. Advances in Neonatal Care. 2005 5 147-154
- Evaluation of a Transcutaneous Jaundice Meter Following Hospital Discharge in Term and Near-Term Neonates.
- W Engle, G Jackson, E Stehel, D Sendelbach, D Manning. J. Perinatology 2005 25 486-490
- Are Complete Blood Cell Counts useful in the Evaluation of asymptomatic Neonates Exposed to Suspected Chorioammionitis?
- GL Jackson, WD Engle, DM Sendelbach, DA Vedro, AS Josey, J Vinson, C Bryant, G Hahn, CR Rosenfeld. Pediatrics 2004 113 1173-1180
- Pneumonia in Term Neonates; Laboratory Studies and Duration of Antibiotic Therapy
- W Engle, G Jackson, D Sendelbach, E Stehel, D Ford, K McHugh, M Norris, D Vedro, S Velapi, I Michelow, K Olsen. J. Perinatology 2003 23 372-377
- Value of Neurosonography in Predicting Subsequent Cognitive and Motor Development in Extremely Low Birth Weight Neonates.
- JL LeFlore, RS Broyles, MA Pritchard, WD Engle J. Perinatology 2003 23 629-634
Honors & Awards
- Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence
Housestaff of Children’s Medical Center (1981)
- Cum Laude
Dartmounth College (1970)
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society for Pediatric Research