Dr. Matchett is board-certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in anesthesiology (2010) and pain medicine (2011). He is principal investigator of the EvK Clinical Trial (www.evktrial.org), Etomidate versus Ketamine for Emergency Endotracheal Intubation: A Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Medical School
- New York University School of Medicine (2004)
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine (2005), General Surgery
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine (2006), Neurophysiology
- Loma Linda University Medical Center (2009), Anesthesiology
- Stanford University Pain Management Center (2010), Pain Management
- Chaotic systems in biology and medicine
- Emergency endotracheal intubation outside the operating room
- Emergency medical research conducted under FDA 21 CFR 50.24 - Exception to Informed Consent (ETIC)
- Intercostal Nerve Block and Neurolysis for Intractable Cancer Pain.
- Matchett G J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 2016 Apr 1-4
- How Drug Shortages Affect Clinical Care: The Case of the Surgical Anesthetic Propofol.
- Romito B, Stone J, Ning N, Yin C, Llano EM, Liu J, Somanath K, Lee CT, Matchett G Hosp Pharm 2015 Oct 50 9 798-805
- General anesthesia suppresses normal heart rate variability in humans.
- Matchett G, Wood P Chaos 2014 Jun 24 2 023129
- Intercostal administration of liposomal bupivacaine as a prognostic nerve block prior to phenol neurolysis for intractable chest wall pain.
- Yin C, Matchett G J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 2014 Mar 28 1 33-6
- Combined ultrasound and fluoroscopic guidance for radiofrequency ablation of the obturator nerve for intractable cancer-associated hip pain.
- Stone J, Matchett G Pain Physician 2014 Jan-Feb 17 1 E83-7
- Using pulsed radiofrequency ablation to treat pain associated with a tumor involving the brachial plexus.
- Rana H, Matchett G Pain Physician 2013 May-Jun 16 3 E311-4
- Hydrogen gas is ineffective in moderate and severe neonatal hypoxia-ischemia rat models.
- Matchett GA, Fathali N, Hasegawa Y, Jadhav V, Ostrowski RP, Martin RD, Dorotta IR, Sun X, Zhang JH Brain Res. 2009 Mar 1259 90-7
- Neuroprotective effect of volatile anesthetic agents: molecular mechanisms.
- Matchett GA, Allard MW, Martin RD, Zhang JH Neurol. Res. 2009 Mar 31 2 128-34
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and cerebral ischemia: neuroprotective mechanisms.
- Matchett GA, Martin RD, Zhang JH Neurol. Res. 2009 Mar 31 2 114-21
- Role of histamine in brain protection in surgical brain injury in mice.
- Bravo TP, Matchett GA, Jadhav V, Martin RD, Jourdain A, Colohan A, Zhang JH, Tang J Brain Res. 2008 Apr 1205 100-7
Cervical Plexus Blockade. In Comprehensive Treatment of Chronic Pain by Medical, Interventional, and Behavioral Approaches. The American Academy of Pain Management Textbook on Patient Management.
Matchett GA, Mackey S (2012). Springer
Volatile anesthetic agents and cerebral ischemia. In Advancements in Neurological Research
Matchett GA, Higuchi CT, Allard MA, Martin RD, Zhang JH (2008). Research Signpost
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and cerebral ischemia. In Advancements in Neurological Research
Matchett GA, Martin RD. Zhang JH (2008). Research Signpost
Honors & Awards
- Faculty of the Year Award (2014-2015)
Dept. of Anesthesiology & Pain Management Faculty of the Year Award. This award is presented on behalf of the residents in recognition of the faculty member they believe best demonstrates true enthusiasm for clinical teaching both in and out of the operating room; and most consistently exemplifies the best of teaching, role modeling, and mentoring. (2014-2015)
- Chairman's Recognition Award (2013)
Award for founding the Cancer Pain Management Clinic at the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center (2013-2013)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (2006)