Dr. Xiao is originally from China and received her Ph.D. in molecular biology from the University of Cincinnati. She completed her postdoctoral training in liver physiology and cardiology at UT Southwestern. Dr. Xiao specializes in molecular biology and heart regeneration.
- Heart Regeneration
- Sarcomere Structure
- Lipoapoptosis induced by saturated free fatty acids stimulates monocyte migration: a novel role for Pannexin1 in liver cells.
- Xiao F, Waldrop SL, Bronk SF, Gores GJ, Davis LS, Kilic G Purinergic Signal. 2015 Sep 11 3 347-59
- Hypoxia fate mapping identifies cycling cardiomyocytes in the adult heart.
- Kimura W, Xiao F, Canseco DC, Muralidhar S, Thet S, Zhang HM, Abderrahman Y, Chen R, Garcia JA, Shelton JM, Richardson JA, Ashour AM, Asaithamby A, Liang H, Xing C, Lu Z, Zhang CC, Sadek HA Nature 2015 Jul 523 7559 226-30
- A hippo "AKT" regulates cardiomyocyte proliferation.
- Xiao F, Kimura W, Sadek HA Circ. Res. 2015 Jan 116 1 3-5
- Pannexin1 contributes to pathophysiological ATP release in lipoapoptosis induced by saturated free fatty acids in liver cells.
- Xiao F, Waldrop SL, Khimji AK, Kilic G Am. J. Physiol., Cell Physiol. 2012 Nov 303 10 C1034-44
- Assembly mechanism of the sixty-subunit nanoparticles via interaction of RNA with the reengineered protein connector of phi29 DNA-packaging motor.
- Xiao F, Demeler B, Guo P ACS Nano 2010 Jun 4 6 3293-301
- Novel mechanism of hexamer ring assembly in protein/RNA interactions revealed by single molecule imaging.
- Xiao F, Zhang H, Guo P Nucleic Acids Res. 2008 Nov 36 20 6620-32